Assistant Registrar of Academic Records
Assistant Registrar of Academic Records
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Assistant Registrar of Academic Records position at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
Assist in the management of all activities related to the Office of the Registrar including serving as custodian of student records, in a manner that is consistent with the College’s mission and accreditation standards. This position reports directly to the Associate Registrar of Academic Records within the Registrar’s office and works Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
· Assist with certification of Veteran Student benefits for the Philadelphia Campus
· Oversee the document management process to ensure information is scanned and recorded correctly.
· Process requests related to:
o Degree verifications
o Good Standing and enrollment verifications
o Name and address changes
o National Student Clearinghouse verifications
o Non-academic room scheduling
· Assist in managing the academic grading processes:
o Manage the grading calendars
o Notify faculty of grading deadlines
o Monitor faculty grade entry for adherence to deadlines
o Enter grade changes
o Perform end of term grades processing
· Data entry and maintenance of student data, to include:
o Course/program withdrawals
o Course registration and add/drop
o Degree and certificate awards
o Transfer credit
o Transcript notes
· Data entry and maintenance of course and program data, to include:
o Validation of term offerings
o Course section creation
· Provide reports as needed related to:
o Student and program enrollment
o Program history
o Course offerings and utilization
o Other course and student-related reports as needed
· Oversee the evaluation of courses and instructors through CourseEval software
· Oversees the Honors and Awards process
· Provide customer service for Registrar Office constituents
- Protect confidentiality of student academic records by enforcing the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Acts (FERPA).
- Consistently and fairly administer all student and academic policies as they relate to the Office of the Registrar.
- Perform related duties as required.
· Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of experience in a college or university Registrar’s Office or related experience
· Knowledge of higher education registration and records maintenance procedures
· Demonstrated ability to:
o Effectively communicate with students, administrators, and external agencies.
o Assess problems, identify appropriate actions, and communicate solutions to management, staff, and student customers.
o Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with an ability to present information clearly and effectively to groups of students
o Multi-task and organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion with an attention to detail
o Effectively identify and resolve problems and to maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive information
· Experience using databases and reporting tools preferably Banner and Argos
· Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, internet, and email.
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East