Standardized Patient Educator
Standardized Patient Educator
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Standardized Patient Educator position at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
The Standardized Patient (SP) Educator reports to the Manager of Standardized Patients (SP) at the site. The trainer will oversee the training of standardized patients for all academic programs. Training includes but is not limited to onboarding new standardized patients, training simulated patient portrayals, physical exam techniques, and quality improvement of SPs as needed. This position is based in Philadelphia; however, this position will support both campuses in Georgia, working in conjunction with the SP Trainer based in Georgia. Some travel to other campuses may be required.
The goal of PCOM Simulation Centers is to use state-of-the-art simulation technologies to leverage the most comprehensive educational modalities. Our purpose is to enhance the quality of education and verification of skills through an integrated and proficiency-based curriculum.
The PCOM Simulation Center consists of an Operating Room, Emergency Room, Intensive Care Unit, Obstetrics/Gynecology suite, OSCE Suites, interchangeable high-fidelity rooms, laparoscopic training space, classrooms, task training skills labs, and several virtual reality trainers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for training all standardized patient activities
- Collaborate with other SP trainers in the college ensuring consistent training, onboarding, quality control of standardized patients
- Responsible for working with subject matter experts, simulation educational specialists, and experiential learning assessment director ensuring portrayed cases align with learning objectives
- Support other aspects of the simulation program as needed
Administration and Management Responsibility
- Collaborate with simulation and standardized patient management team to establish, execute, and maintain records related to standardized patient cases used in any setting
- Track and maintain quality improvement training records quarterly.
- Collaborate with other team members ensuring resources needed for the SP program including supplies for the assigned campus are available.
- Assist in recruitment of SP’s
- Conduct interviews of SP candidates as needed
- Track and report SP training hours to SP manager
- Collaborate with team on SP best practice guidelines
- Assist with scheduling, casting and assigning SP’s for each activity
- Assist with all components of onsite and virtual activities
- Basic troubleshooting and management of leaning management systems
Teaching and Instruction Role
- Lead training sessions to coach and prepare the SPs for case-based roles
- Lead training for quality improvement of SPs
- Lead the on-boarding of new hire SPs
- As assigned
- High School graduate (Required)
- Doctorate, Master’s Degree in Medical Simulation or related field or Bachelor’s Degree in related field with SP simulation experience Preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in SP medical simulation required
- Computer experience, Google, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of Blackboard Preferred
- Knowledge of EMS (SIM IQ) video recording program Preferred
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East