Director of Campus Technologies
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer, the Director of Campus Technologies serves as a member of the Information Technology leadership team and plays a key role in effective delivery and improvement of campus-wide information technology services for diverse campus audiences including faculty, staff, and students.
The incumbent provides leadership and direct supervision of the technology support services that have high-level of interaction with students, faculty and staff in the following IT areas: Customer Experience (Helpdesk, Telephone Operators), Instructional Technology Services (Classroom and Computer Lab Technology), Media Services & Micro-Computer Operations.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and oversight for campus-based technology
services. Work in collaboration with college-wide leadership,
faculty and staff to ensure that technology services are inclusive,
equitable and meet the needs of the College.
- Lead, coach, and mentor direct reports; responsibilities
include performance management and fostering a strong sense of
shared accountability and cross-functional communication and
collaboration. Provide professional development opportunities as
needed to develop a talented pool of resources within the
- Play a leadership role in development of an organizational
culture based on excellent customer service, transparency,
nimbleness, engagement with stakeholders, and effective
communications. As part of the IT leadership team, engage in
strategic planning and prioritization activities.
- Oversee the instructional technology environment including
classroom technology at the College, provide leadership in
promoting online learning through a collaborative approach working
in partnership with faculty and staff. Provide professional
development opportunities for faculty and staff to ensure that they
are proficient in utilizing the technologies available to them at
- Help ensure success of projects through effective planning,
budgeting, change management, communication, and
- Serve as the primary, college-wide point-of-contact and liaison
for campus technology services, initiatives, and issues. Coordinate
and communicate with other Information Technology personnel as
necessary to support campus technology services.
- Develop and implement inclusive and equity based policies,
procedures, processes. Implement strategies for efficient and
effective support of software, hardware, computer labs,
technology-enhanced classrooms and meeting rooms.
- Ensure that the services have appropriate staffing levels to
provide excellent customer services in areas including the
Helpdesk, telephone operators, technicians and media service
personnel, establish and maintain service level agreements for all
technical services provided to the College.
- Manage technology support contracts, vendor relationships and
procurement processes including competitive bid processes, and
- Serve as a representative of Information Technology on campus
leadership teams and provides guidance to campus and college
committees, advisory groups and other organizations both internally
and externally as required.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Computer
Science, Business or related field and a minimum three years
related work experience, or minimum 7 years of a combination of
related education, training, and work experience in related
- Senior management or supervisory experience of technical staff
in in-person and remote setting.
- Expert level technology skills and knowledge is
- Experience in managing and supporting computer labs in physical
and virtual environments.
- Experience in implementing leading-edge technology in
classrooms to support enhanced learning experiences both in-person
and virtual environments.
- Experience in managing online learning environments such as
Moodle, Blackboard, D2L, etc. and teams that provide end user
support to faculty and students.
- Experience in conducting professional development workshops for
wide range of audiences including students, faculty and
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience; willingness
to work in a team-based environment. Strong ability and
demonstrated experience in leading, coaching, mentoring,
developing, and disciplining people.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills with the
ability to interact professionally, confidentially, and courteously
with a wide range of constituents from diverse backgrounds
including the Board, college Administration, faculty/staff,
students, government, and the general public.
- Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus and to visit off-Campus entities. Work is performed in a general office environment and is generally sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
- A Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in
Computer Science, or related field and a minimum seven years
related work experience.
- Experience in developing, implementing and following change
management procedures and guidelines.
- Experience in vendor/contract management and
- Experience working within a formal project management environment.
Administrative supervision is received from the Chief Information Officer.
Administrative supervision is exercised over Customer Experience (Helpdesk, Telephone Operators), Instructional Technology Services (Classroom and Computer Lab Technology), Media Services and Micro-Computer Operations.
General hours of work Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5.00 pm
Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed and travel between campuses and to off campus events.
Salary: low: $91,588 mid:$121,381 high: $151,169
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines