Performing Arts Trades Technician
Job Code/Title 80703 - H - Trades Technician FM 3 Position Number HU1521 Working Title Performing Arts Trades Technician Department Theatre Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $18 - $20 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week ~ 25hrs/week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Miscellaneous Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The performing arts trades technician provides skilled manual labor in support of the Department of Theatre’s maintenance and operation. Their typical responsibilities will support the department’s progress towards being fully open and operational for the fall 2021 semester and may include carpentry, welding, painting, performing entry-level work in a mechanical trade maintaining, repairing, altering, and constructing fixtures, equipment, and facilities; and performing general building maintenance duties. They may work independently or as part of a team. They exercise independent judgment for routine issues, referring complex issues to a higher level for resolution. They work under general supervision. The performing arts trades technician typically reports to a manager or supervisor.
• Skilled manual labor
• Relocation and installation of lockers and installation of lockers
• Relocation of file cabinets
• Creation of work table tops
• Clean, organize and perform minor repair and preventative maintenance of scene shop
• Equipment setup
• Classroom setup including relocation of furniture and other items to return to learning spaces pre-Covid format
• Cleaning, organizing, and painting of scene shop including relocation and installation of shelves, repairing shelves, remove props and other items stored in the space.
• Strike of set in Newdick Theatre; move out large pieces and props left in the theatre. Repaint the theatre floor.
• Relocation of lobby furniture
• Welding or carpentry Required Qualifications
• Physical labor: must lift at least 50 lbs.
• Painting skills/experience
• Knowledge of Theatrical Scene Shop
• Knowledge of Theatrical sound and lighting equipment
• Reliable and independent worker Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 07/07/2021 Remove from posting on or before 07/27/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107529 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document