VTOP Project Coordinator
University Code 19211 University Title Program Specialist 1 University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title VTOP Project Coordinator Position Number 593180 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Provost And VP Acad Affairs Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
In June 2021 ChamberRVA and Virginia Commonwealth University ( VCU ) were awarded a 2-year grant to advance the Richmond region and Commonwealth of Virginia as premier business locations with strong talent pipelines and equitable education and employment opportunities. The RVA -Virginia Talent and Opportunity Partnership, or VTOP, Collaborative will address both the employer and student sides of the talent pipeline equation by assessing and prioritizing current work-based learning programming throughout regional educational institutions and businesses.
The VCU - VTOP Project Coordinator is a grant-funded position and will report to the Assistant Vice Provost for REAL . VCU REAL is housed within the office of Provost and ensures every VCU undergraduate completes at least one experiential learning course or co-curricular activity that engages them fully in meaningful, hands-on research, scholarship or creative work directly relevant to realizing their personal and professional goals.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Serving as the VCU counterpart to a ChamberRVA VTOP Project Coordinator and leading all project management aspects of the initiative with regard to Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
- Working closely with Career Services and Community Engagement at VCU, along with other key campus partners.
- Ongoing fiscal management for grant expenditures including knowledge and understanding of university and state procurement policies and procedures.
- Assisting with the analysis and synthesis of collected data for timely and regular dissemination to project partners and stakeholders
- Assisting ChamberRVA with planning and facilitation of employer orientations and HireVA internship fair and networking event.
- Planning, designing and executing a communications plan in collaboration with the ChamberRVA to ensure engagement of current and future project partners across HEIs, K12, and employer/community organizations.
- Convening and executing all logistics for project-related meetings with regards to the higher education community (scheduling, calendar invitations, technology management, agenda creation, creation and dissemination of minutes, sharing documents and recordings, reserving spaces, placing catering orders, etc.).
- Writing/creating/designing reports, marketing materials, and other print and online resources in support of the project
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited higher education institution or equivalent in relevant experience
- Excellent oral, written and digital communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders including faculty, business leaders, and students
- Experience working with data sets
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills
- Ability to self-manage, take initiative, and work with minimal supervision
- Experience with fiscal/budget management
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Knowledge of higher education system
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in a higher education and/or economic development-related setting
- Ability to set and meet goals both individually and as a part of a team
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize in a fast paced, results oriented environment that welcomes innovative/creative thinking
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range up to $40,000 Application Process/Additional Information
This position is grant funded and continuation depends on funding availability. Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday - Friday Job Open Date 07/02/2021 Posting will close on or before 07/21/2021 Open Until Filled No Job Category Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107509 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have an Associate's degree or higher or equivalent
How many years of relevant experience do you have related to
- 0 to 2 years
- 3 to 5 years
- More than 5 years
Give an example of a project you have managed from start to
(Open Ended Question)
List the kinds of large data sets you have worked with
(Open Ended Question)
Describe your experience working with college faculty,
students, or business leaders
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond