Head Men's Basketball Coach
Posting Number F00686 Position Title Head Men's Basketball Coach Internal Position Title Department Athletics & Physical Activity Position Type Part-Time Faculty Job Family Adjunct Faculty Job Summary
The College of Lake County is currently searching for a Head Men’s Basketball Coach. Under the general direction of the Director of Athletics, coaches are responsible for providing successful athletic programming to attract and recruit prospective athletes for each sport. This total administration and coordination of all aspects of the sport program include a combination of high school events, practices, campus and/or home visits, using technology-based and other successful recruitment methods. Support students in academic areas ensuring success. Required Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous high school or college coaching experience.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS : Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to access data, maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others. Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and multi-task. Ability to communicate effectively with varying levels of students, staff and external customers. Proven ability to work effectively with individuals and teams from diverse backgrounds and professional responsibilities. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy.
- A current AED / CPR certification.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Varies EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None Summary of Essential Functions
1) Attract/recruit a talented roster of participants to include a combination of high school event, practice, campus and/or home visits, using technology-based and other successful recruitment methods. An expectation that recruits’ academic history, character, background, ability, financial/family support, commitment etc. will be definitively known and result in a successful experience at our institution.
2) Assist with the growth and expansion of current retention & success initiatives for athletes and remain within guidelines, rules, policies and procedures established by the NJCAA, Region IV, the Illinois Skyway Collegiate Conference, CLC and other supervisory or oversight organizations.
3) Perform seasonal/ off-season duties, including, but not limited to: administration, recordkeeping and coordination; scheduling; coaching at games, conferences and tournaments; attending meetings, conferences, games, tournaments and end of season events; holding pre-season tryouts; conducting practices; and, fundraising.
4) Assist students with academic success measures, which includes, but not limited to: building and maintaining strong working relationships with various student & Academic Affairs areas to facilitate educational development, act as a liaison between students and faculty, and
5) Assist with orientation of athletes to College of Lake County and the sports program.
6) Review all practices, facilities and conditions on a regular basis to reduce liability and potentially negative consequences. Insure that appropriate injury report paperwork and documentation is filed on athletes who become injured.
7) Retain and advance players with concentration on academic, athletic and personal growth and success. Assist with workshops and seminars on topics for the retention and success of student athletes.
8) File end of season, records, honors/awards and other related reports as directed.
9) Develop community contacts for facilitating student referrals.
10) Develop and maintain strong and positive media relations along with the reporting of scores, prior to media deadlines, on the date of every home and away event. Seeking and/or recommending feature stories to media or college personnel.
11) Contribute to regular departmental, conference, regional, and/or national: polls, requests, results reporting, web sites, statistical input, play-off rosters, team and individual photos etc.
12) Perform and/or coordinate with the program assistant, administrative travel responsibilities in a timely manner e.g. planning travel arrangements, advances, submitting expense reports with receipt documentation (within the month that the advance was used), transportation, advance travel itineraries for multi-day trips etc.
13) Follow supply and purchase request procedures to include budget requests, remain within the budget, price comparisons and using/relaying specific details when requesting initiation of a purchase order
14) Demonstrates solid commitment to our Q- DIALS Program and participates with CLC goals and initiatives. Demonstrates the Service Excellence communication method towards customers and ensuring student success is at the forefront of all we do, while building the College’s reputation as a premier educational institution.
15) Follow all institution and regulatory policies, procedures and standards. Utilize self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting performance management system objectives and career goals.
16) Performs other related duties as assigned. Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher?
- * Do you have previous high school or college coaching
- * Do you have a valid driver’s license and clean driving
- * Do you have an AED/CPR certification?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1