Associate Director of Residence Life
- Staff Development
- Select, train, supervisor, mentor and evaluate Graduate Resident Directors (four-five) and indirectly their student staff
- Oversee recruitment, selection, and training of all professional, para-professional, and student staff in
- Coordinate Fall and Spring Training for Professional and Paraprofessional staff
- Develop a professional development series for GRDs that will take place over the course of the academic year that fosters skills beyond what is offered during training
- Residential Education
- Work in collaboration with the Director to enhance departmental learning outcomes
- Support the development and assessment of circular initiatives
- Develop living learning programs throughout the residence halls
- Knowing and Assisting Individual Students
- Respond to student concerns, problems, and conflicts
- Make appropriate referrals to residence hall staff and University offices
- Facilitate conflict resolution for roommate issues
- Support parents and students alike to solve issues that arise within the halls
- Master’s Degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Significant experience in problem solving and residence life, emphasis on facilitation of processes including but not limited to staff recruitment/selection, training, learning outcomes, assessment, advising, leadership, and crisis response.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and some desktop publishing.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.