Manages the day-to-day operations of a large university program or
department, including the supervision of staff employees, student
workers, programs or processes.Job Duties
- Plans and develops procedures for administering a large or
complex department or program.
- Manages fiscal activities, including procurement and budget
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates
- Prepares abstracts, research reports, funding proposals,
operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and
- Creates and reviews reports of expenditures and
- May administer grants and grant-related related communications,
scholarships and other operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and
- May serve as property custodian for the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical
and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional
discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional
discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained
through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college
or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training
program that is directly related to the type of work being
performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of
directly job-related experience. Certification/Licensing:
- Higher Education experience.
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve, exercise excellent
judgment, demonstrate critical thinking skills, and adapt to
shifting priorities in a diverse setting.
- Ability to clearly interpret and implement policies and
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates who have
prior experience in college admissions and marketing.
The following documents are required:
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work
experience applies to the posting.
- Salary History
- Three work references. The hiring department expects you to
name current or past supervisors.
NOTE: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in
advance of making contact with any of your references. References
will be contacted only after the interviewing process has been
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Notes to Applicant: