Program Manager II - (STA007645)
Manages the day-to-day operations of a large university program or department, including the supervision of staff employees, student workers, programs or processes.Job Duties
- Plans and develops procedures for administering a large or complex department or program.
- Manages fiscal activities, including procurement and budget analysis.
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
- Prepares abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation.
- Creates and reviews reports of expenditures and activities.
- May administer grants and grant-related related communications, scholarships and other operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures.
- May serve as property custodian for the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience. Certification/Licensing: None.
- Higher Education experience.
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve, exercise excellent judgment, demonstrate critical thinking skills, and adapt to shifting priorities in a diverse setting.
- Ability to clearly interpret and implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates who have prior experience in college admissions and marketing.
The following documents are required:
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work experience applies to the posting.
- Salary History
- Three work references. The hiring department expects you to name current or past supervisors.
NOTE: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with any of your references. References will be contacted only after the interviewing process has been completed.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Notes to Applicant: cgarcia2194
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston