About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative
colleges in the United States by Money Magazine and among the best
regional universities in the north by U.S. News and World Report,
is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic
coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's
commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends
beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the
application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve
Regina offers associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs,
graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities,
international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than
2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and
around the world.
To handle all external aspects of Department including game
marketing and promotions. To enhance game atmosphere, department
revenue and community connections. Work in concert with Assistant
AD to handle alumni and special events. In concert with AD, develop
and review budgets and work with BSN, external partnership. To
oversee the Student-Athlete Development and SAAC activities.
Programming for student-athlete development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will assist the Director of Athletics in all aspects of running
a successful Division III athletic program.
- Primarily responsible for leadership for all marketing and
promotions for Salve Regina Athletics. Will develop and implement
marketing plans to create more engagement by students, staff and
the community with Salve Regina Athletics. Will be working in close
concert with Associate AD and Assistant AD.
- Develop corporate sponsorship opportunities for Department to
enhance revenue and partnerships. Utilize things like the web site,
visitor's guides, tickets and publications to enhance
- Oversee and create unique brand awareness and partnerships.
Enhance the actual brand and look at new opportunities for
sponsorships for apparel, equipment and venues.
- Increase attendance at athletic events by expanding
relationships in community and on-campus, and increase awareness of
events through advertising, promoting, print and electronic media,
web content, community partners, and social media platforms in
conjunction with the Associate AD for Media Relations.
- Create a tracking and ticketing formula for men's and women's
basketball games, men's and women's ice hockey and football.
- Increase sense of community on campus through programming,
visibility and initiatives for fan engagement. Will create game day
honors/recognitions for community and student-athletes.
- Assist all coaches in creating support groups for each sport to
create financial, mentor and professional opportunities for teams.
Create "support groups" for teams with parent, alumni and friend
- Assist in operating all special events such as Seahawk2Seahawk,
Seahawk Academy, and Vision Council. Create and enhance fundraising
and alumni events such as silent auction/HOF/golf outing in concert
with the Associate AD.
- Work closely with other offices on campus, in particular
Student Activities, University Advancement, Alumni Office and other
areas on campus.
- Oversee and coordinate staff for intramurals fall/winter/spring
programs. (Football staff)
- Handle Student-Athlete Development, including Student Athlete
Advisory Committee, ACE and programming through parent groups and
- Assist in the budget process, requests, deposits, fundraising
and camps and clinics.
- Responsible for Game management oversight as needed, such as
football tailgate program.
- Work with Assistant AD to create a shared Department calendar
to handle events, special events, promotions.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred in a
- Two to three years' experience in marketing, sports promotions,
athletic administration or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, analyze and make
decisions related to program content.
- Strong coordination and organizational skills required to
prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills
are also required.
- Must adhere to all NCAA/CCC/Salve Regina University rules and
- In particular, all coaches and athletics personnel are charged
with being knowledgeable of, and assuring and monitoring compliance
by all student- athletes, staff and assistant coaches with
applicable governing constitutions, by-laws, rules, policies,
interpretations and regulations of the NCAA, the University and the
Commonwealth Coast Conference. Staff members shall immediately
advise the Compliance Office if there is reason to believe that
violations have occurred or will occur and shall cooperate fully in
any investigation of possible NCAA or Conference violations.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in
employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.
No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or
harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran
status, genetic information or any other basis protected by
applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve
Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it
does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational
programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making
its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant
with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.