Assistant Athletic Director
About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine and among the best regional universities in the north by U.S. News and World Report, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
To handle all external aspects of Department including game marketing and promotions. To enhance game atmosphere, department revenue and community connections. Work in concert with Assistant AD to handle alumni and special events. In concert with AD, develop and review budgets and work with BSN, external partnership. To oversee the Student-Athlete Development and SAAC activities. Programming for student-athlete development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will assist the Director of Athletics in all aspects of running a successful Division III athletic program.
- Primarily responsible for leadership for all marketing and promotions for Salve Regina Athletics. Will develop and implement marketing plans to create more engagement by students, staff and the community with Salve Regina Athletics. Will be working in close concert with Associate AD and Assistant AD.
- Develop corporate sponsorship opportunities for Department to enhance revenue and partnerships. Utilize things like the web site, visitor's guides, tickets and publications to enhance sponsors.
- Oversee and create unique brand awareness and partnerships. Enhance the actual brand and look at new opportunities for sponsorships for apparel, equipment and venues.
- Increase attendance at athletic events by expanding relationships in community and on-campus, and increase awareness of events through advertising, promoting, print and electronic media, web content, community partners, and social media platforms in conjunction with the Associate AD for Media Relations.
- Create a tracking and ticketing formula for men's and women's basketball games, men's and women's ice hockey and football.
- Increase sense of community on campus through programming, visibility and initiatives for fan engagement. Will create game day honors/recognitions for community and student-athletes.
- Assist all coaches in creating support groups for each sport to create financial, mentor and professional opportunities for teams. Create "support groups" for teams with parent, alumni and friend membership.
- Assist in operating all special events such as Seahawk2Seahawk, Seahawk Academy, and Vision Council. Create and enhance fundraising and alumni events such as silent auction/HOF/golf outing in concert with the Associate AD.
- Work closely with other offices on campus, in particular Student Activities, University Advancement, Alumni Office and other areas on campus.
- Oversee and coordinate staff for intramurals fall/winter/spring programs. (Football staff)
- Handle Student-Athlete Development, including Student Athlete Advisory Committee, ACE and programming through parent groups and alumni/friends
- Assist in the budget process, requests, deposits, fundraising and camps and clinics.
- Responsible for Game management oversight as needed, such as football tailgate program.
- Work with Assistant AD to create a shared Department calendar to handle events, special events, promotions.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred in a related field.
- Two to three years' experience in marketing, sports promotions, athletic administration or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, analyze and make decisions related to program content.
- Strong coordination and organizational skills required to prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills are also required.
- Must adhere to all NCAA/CCC/Salve Regina University rules and regulations.
- In particular, all coaches and athletics personnel are charged with being knowledgeable of, and assuring and monitoring compliance by all student- athletes, staff and assistant coaches with applicable governing constitutions, by-laws, rules, policies, interpretations and regulations of the NCAA, the University and the Commonwealth Coast Conference. Staff members shall immediately advise the Compliance Office if there is reason to believe that violations have occurred or will occur and shall cooperate fully in any investigation of possible NCAA or Conference violations.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport