Head Coach, Softball
About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine and among the best regional universities in the north by U.S. News and World Report, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
Serve as Head Coach Softball Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach and mentor the Softball team in skills and strategy
- Teach and Coach Softball Team in games and practice situations.
- Recruit talented and qualified student-athletes.
- Work closely with the Director of Athletics to monitor and promote satisfactory academic progress.
- Work closely with the Equipment Manager to order appropriate equipment/uniforms and to facilitate the timely issuance and return of such.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate assistant coach.
- Comply with all NCAA, Conference, University and Department policies, regulations and guidelines.
- Promote and exhibit the highest level of sportsmanship and ethical behavior at all times.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Game Management for an assigned sport
- Utilize Front Rush Software
- Oversee and Create Intramural Program for fall semester
- Attend department meetings, designated events and Admissions Open Houses.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years coaching experience is required.
- The successful candidate will possess highly developed organizational skills, efficiency in computer usage and a high degree of self-motivation and dedication to all aspects of the intercollegiate program.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Valid Driver's License.
- Current or ability to secure CPR, AED and First-Aid Certifications.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.