Student Support Supervisor
Job Posting Title Student Support Supervisor Location Los Rios Community College District (American River College) Department Location Unite Center And Beavers Care Posting Number C01541P The Institution
Founded in 1955, American River College ( ARC ) is one of the largest institutions of higher education in the Sacramento region, serving about 30,000 diverse students each fall and spring at its main campus and centers.
The College has an outstanding record for academic quality and is among the top community colleges in the state for transferring students to the University of California and California State University systems. The College offers education and support for students to strengthen basic skills, earn associate degrees and certificates, transfer to other colleges and universities, and achieve a career as well as other academic and personal goals. ARC also has a strong reputation for its wide array of career programs in areas such as Healthcare, Hospitality, Human Services, Business and Computer Science, Public Safety, Applied Arts, Advanced Transportation and Manufacturing, and Apprenticeship.
Our vision is to transform the future of all students and our community through inclusive, equitable education. The College seeks individuals who share our mission of placing students first by providing an academically rich, inclusive environment that inspires critical thinking, learning and achievement, and responsible participation in the community.
Our Commitment to Social Justice and Equity
American River College strives to uphold the dignity and humanity of every student and employee. We are committed to equity and social justice through equity-minded education, transformative leadership, and community engagement. We believe this commitment is essential to achieving our mission and enhancing our community. The College seeks candidates who are committed to culturally inclusive practices and serving the ARC student population. Faculty and staff are encouraged to engage in the ongoing development of their professional skills. The College thus supports employee engagement in a broad range of trainings, workshops, and activities such as the Equity Action Institute, the New Faculty Academy, and the Classified Leadership Academy. Also, faculty and staff regularly participate in trainings offered through the College’s Center for Teaching and Learning and its Instructional Technology Center. Position Summary
Under the direction of the assigned administrator and in cooperation with program coordinators, plan, organize, and direct the operations of assigned programs. [For a detailed job description for this LRSA Los Rios Supervisors Association posting Job Descriptions click here ]. Benefits
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 21 days’ vacation yearly and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRSA contract agreement details) Assignment Responsibilities
Typical duties of assigned programs/services may include, but are not limited to: plan, organize and direct the operations of assigned student and/or academic support programs for student success and overall program effectiveness; coordinate support services; establish and maintain accurate recordkeeping for assigned programs and appropriate agencies, which may include student eligibility, participation and progress; coordinate services in support of students taking classes, including in an online environment; train, supervise and evaluate assigned employees; participate in interviewing and selection new employees; ensure accountability and adherence to applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; prepare, monitor and maintain budgets and expenditures for functions and activities in accordance with District policies; develop and implement departmental procedures, forms, activities, and materials required for efficient operations of assigned programs; develop and conduct training and appropriate implementation for effective program operations and accountability; participate in program review and audits; assist with and/or prepare, maintain and monitor area/program funds, budget allocations, expenditures, and other related functions to ensure compliance with established guidelines; prepare and submit program and grant related plans, reports and other documents; interpret and apply complex procedures in diverse situations using independent judgment; respond to requests for information from students, employees and the public; build and maintain effective working relationships, working collaboratively with other college and district employee, faculty, administrators and agency representatives; coordinate assigned program workshops and events; administer disciplinary actions if necessary; may develop and maintain liaisons with, but not limited to, local high schools, area employers and local community-based organizations to provide enhanced opportunities for students; may oversee and participate in outreach and recruitment activities; may lead or serve on appropriate committees; perform related duties as assigned.
Assigned programs/services may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following:
• California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) / Temporary Assistance for Needy Families ( TANF )
• Call Center
• Career Center
• Disabled Student Programs & Services ( DSP &S)
• Extended Opportunity Programs and Services ( EOP &S)/Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education ( CARE )
• Online Support Services
• Open Learning Resources Labs
• Reading Writing Center
• Veterans Resources Center Additional Information
The Supervisor supports the leadership to help develop and coordinate of student campus engagement and success initiatives with the goal of completion. The supervisor supports programs related to the academic, support services, and social needs of students from culturally and socially diverse backgrounds within student services. Programs and services within the Unite Center include the Cultural Engagement Centers, along with corresponding centers and offices of student engagement for specific populations, oversees the Puente, Umoja-Sakhu, and PRISE learning communities, Native American Resource Center, Pride Center, Beaver Cares, and other programs and services designed to benefit student engagement and success.
American River College is committed to employees:
● Actively demonstrating a commitment to equity and inclusion.
● Engaging in self-reflection and continuous improvement regarding individuals and their cultural competence.
● Exercising responsibility and accountability for actions.
● Viewing students, ALL students, as equally capable and worthy of our care, time and energy.
● Demonstrating appreciation and respect for others’ perspectives and lived experiences.
Work Year 12 month Work Schedule
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday Total Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week Special Requirements
If assigned to the CalWORKs/ TANF program: Employment is contingent upon meeting the requirements of Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343, including possessing and maintaining a valid California Driver’s License. The position may require operating a District or personal vehicle in order to complete assigned work within the scope of the position duties. Minimum Qualifications
EXPERIENCE : Three years of increasingly responsible experience, including one year in a lead or supervisory capacity, in student services, academic support services, public services, community college and/or public agency program development, coordination and evaluation, or similar experience (the required lead/supervisory experience may also be used to meet this requirement).
EDUCATION : Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; OR an Associate’s degree from an accredited institution AND two additional qualifying years of experience.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution. Application Instructions
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
3. Letter of Interest (required).
4. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not have that referenced experience considered for minimum qualifications, which may lead to the application being disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide unofficial transcripts if required in the minimum qualifications for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualifications for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. For additional information on Foreign Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested. Physical Demands Salary $5,392.45 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note
Posting Date 07/13/2021 Closing Date 08/02/2021 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Beginning November 1, 2021. How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date. Conditions
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire. Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/15744 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf
and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento