Teaching Lab Manager - Mathematics
Teaching Lab Manager - Mathematics
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Manages scheduling of classes in the Department of Mathematics for all semesters, including scheduling times and locations of classes, scheduling instructors for classes, and any specialized scheduling required (with approval of the department chair). Meets all university deadlines for scheduling. Monitors enrollments and wait lists and recommends ongoing adjustments in class scheduling with approval of the department chair. Informs all instructors of class scheduling, including updates. Teaches mathematics courses according to department and college guidelines, a minimum of six contact hours each Fall and Spring, and three contact hours Summer semesters. Please note: Examples listed are not an all-inclusive list of duties and tasks. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from a regionally accredited institution with Master of Science in Mathematics or a related field to the coursework being taught; or, a related combination of education and experience totaling six years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of mathematics at the level of an M.S. degree in mathematics.
- Knowledge of the content of mathematics curricula, course numbering and descriptions, syllabus organization and composition.
- Knowledge of best practices for scheduling at institutions of higher education in the United States.
- Knowledge of various teaching methods, including standard face-to-face, hybrid, and online instruction.
- Skills in effective classroom teaching.
- Skills in learning and utilizing standardized electronic scheduling tools.
- Familiarity and skills in utilization of electronic tools for mathematics placement and instruction, including Canvas, WebAssign, MyMathLab, and ALEKS.
- Ability to communicate information in a manner easily understood by students.
- Ability to teach effectively in a classroom setting.
- Ability to quickly learn and implement scheduling software and protocols for efficient and effective scheduling of classes.
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $47,667 - $59,583
Advertisement Number: STA42521
Open Date: 07/12/2021
Review Start Date: 07/19/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/23381
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.