Associate Athletic Director for Internal Operations
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
The primary role of the Associate Athletic Director for Administration is to manage and supervise various aspects of Citadel Athletics’ internal functions which include, but are not limited to: Sports Performance, Compliance, Campus Collaboration and Sport Oversight.
- Oversees sport programs and their respective head coaches and staff as designated by the Athletic Director.
- Represents The Citadel at Southern Conference meetings while serving on a variety of committees at the conference and NCAA level.
- Supports athletes and acts as an advocate on their behalf. Provide support, policy review, and serve as department advocate for gender equity.
- Serves as the NCAA Athletic Diversity and Inclusion Designee (ADID) and other NCAA committees as needed.
- Oversees all aspects of the Compliance department to include staff development, rules education, interpretations, reporting, auditing and working closely with the Faculty Athletic Representative to address related issues.
- Works as part of the Department Executive Team. Oversees multiple internal units (as assigned by the Director of Athletics) and provide support, oversight, conduct evaluations, budget development, spending authority, hiring, dismissals and addressing disciplinary issues when required.
- Coordinates with Chief Title IX Coordinator on NCAA requirements for Title IX.
- Serves as the department’s liaison to the Academic Center and other Campus Offices.
- Serves on committees, councils, and attends meetings as needed
Minimum educational requirements:
Bachelor’s degree is required and Knowledge of NCAA and Southern Conference rules and regulations for a Division I program. Progressive experience in intercollegiate athletic administration is required.
Master's degree preferred. Experience with athletics compliance programs preferred.
Advertised: Jul 12 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 10 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston