Schedule: Monday - Friday 8-5. Flexibility regarding schedule is negotiable.
The benefits manager is responsible for planning the day-to-day operations of the University of Central Oklahoma’s self-funded medical and dental plans, other ancillary insurance benefits, and the 403(b), 457(b), and Oklahoma Teachers’ Retirement System (OTRS) retirement plans. Position works with the AVP of Compensation and Benefits and broker to investigate and evaluate new benefit programs, improve existing programs, and supervise and monitor benefits administration. Responds to employee inquires and provides excellent customer service within the HR function.
Departmental Essential Duties:
- Manage complex self-funded health and dental plans, monitor
third party administrators, stop loss carrier, and associated
- Manage ancillary employee benefits programs, such as flexible
spending accounts, vision, accident and disability, life insurance,
and wellness benefits.
- Negotiate with vendors and consultants for the best plans,
options, and rates.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations.
Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees,
i.e., IRS Form 1095.
- Review and analyze changes to state and federal regulations
pertaining to benefits and report necessary changes to relevant
member of department.
- Resolve administrative problems with the carrier
representatives and respond to employee concerns.
- Coordinate the resolution of claims, enrollment, and
- Audit the accuracy and performance of functions performed by
benefits staff. Oversee work of the benefits team.
- Audit, reconcile and coordinate with finance/ payroll the
remittance processes for benefit-related invoices.
- Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from
- Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the
University's benefits package including monthly newsletters,
training, and website updates.
- Develop and execute efficient annual benefits open enrollment
- Oversee leaves of absence, including FMLA, maternity, military,
sabbatical and unpaid leaves.
- Oversee COBRA administration.
- Maintain all plan documents and benefit records.
- Manage the Oklahoma Teachers’ Retirement System (OTRS) defined
retirement and the 403(b), 457 (b) supplemental annuity retirement
plans, including enrollment, contributions, and withdrawals. Review
and authorize deductions/contributions to ensure compliance with
IRS limits and University policy.
- Coordinate retirement educational meetings and respond to
employee questions and resolve issues regarding retirement
- Act as the HIPAA privacy officer
- Manage the Employee Wellness program including policies, budget
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in HR, Business or related field or equivalent work experience that provides extensive knowledge of fundamental theories, principles, and concepts plus 5 years’ relevant work experience in HR, Business or related field.
Experience with Paycom. Experience managing a self-funded health plan. SPHR or equivalent certification.
- Knowledge and experience with self-funded health benefit
- Knowledge and experience with Medicare supplement, advantage
and PDP plans
- In-depth knowledge of the Affordable Care Act reporting and
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract negotiations and benefits
- Ability to prepare and evaluate contract agreements.
- Project management and team leadership skills. Proven ability
to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills including
the ability to communicate information effectively with all levels
of the organization.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations,
filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending,
affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, COBRA,
FMLA, Section 125, ERISA, Medicare, and Social Security.
- Experience with non-ERISA compliance is a plus
- Knowledge of 403(b) and 457 (b) plans.
- Expertise in Excel and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Adobe
- Knowledge of HRIS systems, Paycom is a plus.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Self-starter and strong problem solver.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service both internally
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of protected
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse
communities and cultures.
Will this employee supervise others?
Yes - 3 members of the benefits team
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond