Global Education & Student Success Specialist
- The position holder will work to improve graduation and
retention rates of all students with specific academic and
enrollment support for international students and SEVIS compliance.
Working in collaboration with all members of the Student Success
Team, the position holder will be responsible for tracking and
implementing strategies to improve student success including
attendance, early alerts, probation support and other student
success mechanisms for of their identified groups. Additional
responsibilities include SEVIS compliance for F-1 international and
study abroad support of domestic students abroad. Some
administrative responsibilities are required.
Office of Student Success 50%
- Conduct assessment and improve the delivery of interventions which are targeted to improve student success and/or retention/graduation rates
- Provide monitoring, interventions, and support for a caseload of students
- Engage the professional staff, department heads & deans in continuing student enrollment efforts.
- Participate in weekend and evening programs for orienting and recruiting students as needed.
- Conduct engagement activities with students and families to orient them to the campus and maintain their enrollment.
Office of Global Education 50%
- Serve as Designated School Official, authorized by Department of Homeland Security.
- Ensure compliance with federal regulations that govern the enrollment of F-1 students and their dependents.
- Mentor F-1 students and complete SEVIS registration and reporting each semester
- Support the development and programming of workshops, information sessions, resources, and events for international students and study abroad students
- Develop marketing materials and web-based information for international students and study abroad
- Support the Director of Global Education with study abroad advising and initiatives
- Integrate the core values of respect, compassion, integrity, justice and service in all aspects of interaction
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters preferred.
- Experience working with college students.
- Experience working with International Students.
- Knowledge of higher education retention research.
- Demonstrated success in planning and implementing programs.
- Excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to advocate for and support the academic, personal, and professional needs of diverse populations
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. legal permanent resident as mandated by federal regulations
**Must be United States work authorized**
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood
- International Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood