Staff Assistant- Counseling Center
- This is a full-time, 35- hour per week position (approximately
34 weeks per year) which provides routine administrative assistance
and clerical support for the Counseling Center in an atmosphere of
confidentiality. This position relies heavily on technology and
requires advanced proficiency in computer skills. This position
reports to the Director of Health Services & Counseling. The
anticipated schedule for this position is from the beginning of
classes to end of classes for the fall and spring semesters
- Maintain hospitable, welcoming atmosphere while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Serve as main telephone and initial office contact for the Counseling Center.
- Provide information to students and others in an efficient and patient manner.
- Refer students to appropriate university resources.
- Maintain appointment calendar and meeting schedule for the Center's Director and Counselors, using Titanium Schedule software.
- Organize and maintain correspondence and record files for the Counseling Center.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding client information and services provided, etc.
- Utilize computer software to produce professional documents, such as monthly and annual statistic reports.
- Place orders, submit bills, track expenditures and prepare financial reports for the Counseling Center.
- Assist with the implementation of NJ-CUITS grant and Veterans Resource Project.
- Integrate the core values of respect, compassion, integrity, justice, and service in all aspects of interaction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist in generation of data related to assessment projects.
- Assist in tracking of strategic planning initiatives.
- Maintain correspondence, budget and general inquiries related to the Veterans Resources Center
- Assist in the planning and execution of social, educational and outreach programs for veterans
- Assist with projects as assigned
- High School diploma, some college preferred.
- Demonstrated office and secretarial skills, such as phones, correspondence, scheduling, filing, use of office machines, etc.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Graphic design experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Titanium Schedule software application preferred.
- Aptitude for learning new software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Previous experience in a medical setting desirable.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple activities in a supportive service setting.
- Excellent organizational skills with a tendency towards attention to detail.
**Must be US work authorized**
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood