Business Support IT Administrator
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Campus address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Business Support IT Administrator will be responsible for coordinating the acquisition and tracking of all OTS equipment and software. Provide direct assistance and guidance with the ordering of all technology throughout campus. Maintain department budget and provide reports and information on OTS assets and expenditures to ensure compliance with purchasing procedures. This position is a member of the 24/7/365 global department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the purchasing of goods and services for OTS, including the preparation and evaluation of quotes and bids, preparation of requisitions, and receipt of goods and materials; works extensively with technical vendors requiring a high degree of information technology knowledge
- Reconcile credit card receipts against approved purchases and billings statements; Perform monthly reconciliation of all items ordered that have been received and contact vendor to cancel POs that haven’t been received by the end of the Fiscal year
- Perform Supply Management functions including checking toner cartridge, printer paper, and break room supply for the OTS department; provide asset management and maintain data integrity within the asset management system
- Perform Budget Management functions including racking expenditures, preparing journal entries, and completing budget vs. cost analysis; schedule and maintain IT asset disposition; Calculate annual software renewal costs and compare past annual purchases for toner cartridges, printer repair, and printer paper
- Perform Fixed Asset Management (greater than $5K)
- Work on Service NOW configuration and handle appropriate internal tickets
- Maintain accurate reports for licensing, age, cost, replacement cycle, and locations of all campus related assets
- Provide administrative support including taking meeting minutes, making copies and scheduling meeting rooms
- Coordinate departmental events and assist with group events
- Track technology inventory and perform audit reports of technology on campus
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Must have strong customer service orientation
- Ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical as well as technical customers
- Ability to see relationships between problem components and prioritizes them
- Draws on experience and knowledge of available resources (manuals, colleagues, vendors, etc.) to find solutions
- Demonstrated ability to suggest ways to improve team’s work methods and procedures
- Ability to seek input from others and actively invites them to review his/her work or ideas at draft stage
- Ability to share relevant information with team members and/or customers that may be affected; actively participate in informal or formal group problem solving with regard to immediate issues
- Demonstrated decision making guided by general instructions and practices requiring interpretation
- Ability to serve as an example with regard to quality of work
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work standards
- Ability to guide others in carrying out routine task and help team members and/or customers think through alternatives and choices
- Ability to seek opportunities and sets some goals for own development
The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy items. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities, such as above average agility and dexterity.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed both indoors in a climate-controlled office environment and outside in non-climate controlled areas
- Associate’s degree and at least 1 year of related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 years of related experience
- CompTIA A+ Certification or industry recognized equivalent
- LSC Leap
- ITIL Foundations Certification
Hiring salary range is $42,861 to $49,290
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe