Lecturer - Human Resource Management
UW System Title: Lecturer Essential Job Functions
The Austin E. Cofrin School of Business at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, Green Bay Campus seeks applicants for a Lecturer position in Human Resource Management.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Teach a normal course load of primarily undergraduate and occasional graduate-level courses in Human Resource Management including Compensation and Benefits and Employee Relations. Courses will be taught both face-to-face and online.
- The specific courses taught may vary from semester to semester, and successful candidates may be required to teach an occasional course at the Marinette, Sheboygan, or Manitowoc Campuses.
- Advise students.
- Perform institutional and community service.
- Perform scholarly activities, service, and professional engagement activities consistent with the Austin E. Cofrin School of Business expectations for a Lecturer holding Faculty status.
- Contribute to the ongoing programmatic development of the Austin E. Cofrin School of Business and participate fully in AACSB accreditation efforts.
- Earned Master’s Degree in Business or related fields with specialization in Human Resource Management, or closely related field
- 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Ability to teach a variety of classes in the Human Resource Management curriculum
- Evidence of engagement in institutional, community, and professional service endeavors
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, demonstrated integrity and strong leadership, and the willingness to work independently and as part of a collaborative team. The University invites applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural, and economic resource.Conditions Of Appointment
Position is a full-time, 9-month, Instructional Academic Staff appointment. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.Salary
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).BENEFIT DETAILS
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package, including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement System.
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Please go to the full job posting at https://www.uwgb.edu/human-resources/employment/career-opportunities/lecturer-human-resource-management/ and select the applicable application link.
Select the job title for which you are applying. Click the "Apply for Job" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password” and select "Sign In." If you have not yet registered, click on "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job functions
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references
- Unofficial transcripts of all graduate work.
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2006
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Tuesday, August 31, 2021.
Note: The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our University Police website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390). This report includes statistics about reported crimes, as well as information about crime prevention and campus security policies and procedures.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Business Administration Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Other Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue