Director, Dual Credit
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Houston North Fairbanks
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
LSC-Houston North Fairbanks is located at Highway 290 and West Little York Road, near the Sam Houston Tollway. The Fairbanks location provides a variety of services to students including advising, registration, counseling, and tutoring. Academic programs include basic transfer courses, developmental studies, and English for Speakers of Other Languages.
The location address is 14955 Northwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77040.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This Director, Dual Credit provides leadership, management, direction, and accountability to the areas of P16, college readiness and dual credit within the scope of the Associate Vice Chancellor for the Office of Academic Affairs. This position serves as a vital link between Lone Star College’s network of P12 schools and post-secondary education. The incumbent will assist schools in implementing the infrastructure and systems needed to support a sustainable college preparatory program and culture for all LSC students and prospective students, and to provide college planning curriculum and resources. Provides leadership in the planning, design, coordination, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive P16 and college readiness program that will involve students, their parents, and the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist campuses and schools in implementing the infrastructure, systems, and culture needed to support a sustainable college preparation/dual credit program
- Manage the dual Credit articulation and crosswalk process while providing resources for college faculty and staff
- Serve as content expert for reviewing education affiliation, dual credit, and early college high school, college preparatory agreements and collaborating with the office of General Counsel to review Dual Credit and Early College High School legal policies and procedures and all agreements
- Collaborate with Curriculum Development, SACSCOC Coordinator, and Disability Services to implement, and oversee policies and procedures for the Dual Credit and early College High School programs to ensure compliance with the Department of Education, FERPA; Ensure content in Dual Credit agreements and on websites are in compliance with regulatory and accreditation agencies. while providing resources for college faculty and staff
- Collect, organize, track, monitor, and report student success date for Dual Credit program and Early College High Schools – completion and success rates; Compare outcomes to former dual credit students and current students
- Manages staff and/or technical resources related to communication, analysis, and program implementation in regards to dual credit, college readiness and other P16 initiatives as approved by the Associate Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs
- Monitor state, federal, and system guidelines related to P16 and college readiness, to include dual credit and ensure LSC compliance by developing business processes
- Provides leadership in the planning, design, coordination, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive P16 and college readiness program that will involve students, their parents, and the community
- Keeps abreast of and evaluate major trends in college readiness and dual credit programs and provides updates to the Office of Academic Affairs and the colleges
- Responsible for campus functions in advising, admissions, and instruction
- Responsible for creating and overseeing the budget for the area, including making recommendations for expenditures
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge in areas of budgeting, financial administration, reporting and planning
- Knowledge of trends in college readiness and dual credit programs
- Strong skills in computer and database applications
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prepare and give presentations
- Ability to formulate, interpret, or implement management policies or operating procedures
- Ability to plan long and short term business objectives
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience must include at least 3 years in a manager- or director-level position
- Experience with implementation and assessment of programs or other related initiatives
- Master’s degree
- Experience with P16, dual credit, and college readiness programs
Hiring salary range is $70,020 - $80,523
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston