Lecturer - Nursing
UW System Title: Lecturer Essential Job Functions
The College of Health, Education, and Social Welfare at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay invites applicants for a Lecturer position in Nursing.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Teach a course load of 27 credits of didactic, skills/simulation, and clinical courses per academic year.
- Facilitate optimal learning through integration of technology and utilization of appropriate delivery methods.
- Advise and mentor students.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with acute and long-term care healthcare clinical sites.
- Contribute to the ongoing programmatic development of the Nursing & Health Studies programs.
- Create an inclusive, effective learning environment that addresses barriers and provides reasonable accommodations.
- Earned Master’s Degree in Nursing, from an accredited institution prior to start date. Individuals enrolled in a MSN program and completing the final program requirements may be considered.
- 2 years of recent nursing experience
- Unencumbered Wisconsin Nursing license at time of hire
- Teaching experience, preferably in nursing
- Recent nursing experience, preferably in a clinical setting
- Bilingual proficiency in a language other than English
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, demonstrated integrity and strong leadership, and the willingness to work independently and as part of a collaborative team. The University invites applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural, and economic resource. Conditions Of Appointment
Position is a full-time, 9-month, Academic Staff appointment. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.Salary
Salary range of $54,000-$56,000.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).BENEFIT DETAILS
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package, including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement System.
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Please go to the full job posting at https://www.uwgb.edu/human-resources/employment/career-opportunities/lecturer-nursing/ and select the applicable application link.
Select the job title for which you are applying. Click the "Apply for Job" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password” and select "Sign In." If you have not yet registered, click on "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job functions
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references
- Unofficial transcripts of the highest degree achieved
- Copy of RN License
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2826
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Sunday, August 15, 2021.
Note: The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our University Police website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390). This report includes statistics about reported crimes, as well as information about crime prevention and campus security policies and procedures.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.