Harold Washington College (HWC)is one of the seven City Colleges of Chicago. HWC is located in the Chicago Loop and serves nearly 11,000 students. HWC is a federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority Serving Institution (MSI) with more than 70 percent Latinx or Black students. The college offers an exceptional liberal arts and sciences curriculum and programs in Business, Early Childhood, Architecture, and Digital Media. HWC is City Colleges’ Center for Business. The college is also home to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program and is currently the only community college in the city to offer a business degree accessible entirely online. In addition, the college has program partnerships with leading industry organizations such as Aon, Year Up Chicago, DePaul University, and the Joffrey Ballet.
Primary Objective: Responsible for providing efficient and professional Engineering services, operation and maintenance of the building and grounds.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures the safe and efficient operation of equipment,
machinery and buildings.
- Operates and repairs heating and ventilation equipment, steam
plants, motors, combustion engines, pumps, air compressors, ice and
refrigeration equipment, air conditioning units, fans and
automatic/power oiling pumps and engines.
- Adheres to all standards of operation, laws, statues and
industry best practices.
- Maintains building equipment and machinery to keep them in
excellent working conditions.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent. Must
possess a Stationary Engineers License recognized through the City
Colleges of Chicago. Current membership in Local # 399’s is
- Knowledge of the operation and repair of heating and
ventilation equipment, steam plants, motors, combustion engines,
pumps, air compressors, ice and refrigeration equipment,
air-conditioning units, fans and automatic/power oiling pumps and
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of a pool is
- Must have familiarity with rooftop HVAC units.
- Must have knowledge of other trades.
- Experience with Johnson Controls BAS system preferred.