College Clerical Assistant I - Part-Time
COLLEGE CLERICAL ASSISTANT I - MATH CENTER (PART-TIME)
Consider joining the Truman College team whose work directly supports our student-centered mission. At City Colleges of Chicago, employees contribute to student success with the goal of graduating more students with degrees of economic value and thereby positively impacting the communities we serve. Truman College is located on the north side and is one of the largest of the City Colleges of Chicago with a yearly enrollment of more than 20,000 students.
Truman College’s Math Center is a study space designed to help students thrive academically in all levels of mathematics courses. Students can freely drop-in to study, complete their homework and receive science help throughout the day without appointments.
- Prepares routine records, memos and forms; proofs completed assignments for errors and makes appropriate corrections; maintains office and student record files in alphabetical and/or numerical order.
- Receives and sorts incoming mail and distributes to appropriate personnel or office; answers telephones, takes messages and transfers calls; provides general information to students regarding registration, financial aid, departmental course offerings and campus policies and procedures.
- Collates materials such as exams, classroom handouts, faculty lists and handbooks, teacher program forms, narrative reports and general correspondence.
- Operates basic office equipment; prepares order requisitions for needed office supplies and materials; and may assist during student registration.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent is required. Some clerical and word processing experience preferred.
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Knowledge of word processing software; and knowledge of basic office procedures.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions; and ability to operate a personal computer.
- Skill in basic filing; and good verbal communication skills.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago