On Call Campus Safety Officer (Two Available Part Time Positions)
Haverford College seeks to hire two non-exempt, part time On-Call Security Officers. The Haverford Campus Safety Officer is a non-sworn employee of the college, who is assigned to protect the safety and security of the members of the community.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
- Preserve the life and property of campus community-responds to reported incidents and crimes
- Proactive patrol of the College grounds and buildings
- Enforce college rules and regulations
- Act professionally and courteously when interacting with members of the community
- Provide services to the Haverford College community as
described in the Campus Safety Manual, including (but not limited
- Parking regulations
- Escorts, Lockouts, etc.
- Report safety hazards
- Notification of supervisors
- Perform dispatch duties when required
- Provide complete and accurate reports
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate (College education preferred)
- Must maintain a valid driver's license
- Must pass a thorough background investigation- must not have any felony or misdemeanor convictions
- Must possess or be able to obtain PA Act 153 clearances
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess and demonstrate good judgment
- Act 120 or Act 235 preferred
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS : All faculty and staff (including contract workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. Please note that this position requires considerable walking, including during inclement weather conditions. The ability to see, hear, and respond immediately to a situation that may occur is critical. A clear Act 153 Child Abuse background check and Motor Vehicle Record check are required.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds)Up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds):Up tothree hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds):Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds):Up to three hours
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction:Up to three hours
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction):Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body):Up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body):Up to three hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position):Three to six hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position):Three to six hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees):Three to six hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees):Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground):Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces):Three to six hours
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary):Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.):Six to eight hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures):Three to six hours
To Apply : Interested candidates should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three (3) references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/On-Call---Campus-Safety-Officer_R280 . The application deadline is Monday, July 26, 2021. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.