Conference Operations Coordinator (12928)
The Conference Operations Coordinator is a member of the University Conference & Guest Services team within the Office of Campus Life department. The Conference Coordinator works closely with the University Conference & Guest Services staff in executing plans and contracts for summer conference groups and academic year conferences. Responsible for coordinating year-round conferences, including pre-planning, onsite execution, and post event wrap up, for internal clients, as well as supporting selected projects throughout the academic year. Requires some non-traditional hours during peak operational periods.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- 35 hrs/week
- Requires some non-traditional hours during peak operational periods
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- At least one year of experience in event planning and/or summer conferences required
- Computer experience, particularly in database and spreadsheet applications
- Must be able to prioritize, balance, and complete multiple tasks with direct but minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.