Chief Information Officer
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Provide direction, guidance, and support on all operational technology matters including architectures, integration, systems, data center, security and data privacy, data management, customer support, enterprise applications, telecommunications, disaster recovery, and all other aspects of the technology infrastructure. Contribute to the implementation of the College’s strategic planning goals, mission, vision/values, and budget and serve as the strategic leader for the integration of educational and business technology in support of the College’s mission.
Serves Students. Determine the overall framework for information technology in support of departmental goals and requirements. Create the strategic agenda and develop tactical plans to ensure implementation. Develop and implement a digital strategy that is both aligned with the strategic plan and advances the priorities of the College.
Coordinate with functional departments and technology users across the College to develop a roadmap for technology with regard to appropriate architectures, platforms and applications to achieve educational and business objectives, as well as identify, implement and optimize business processes through the application of technology.
Establish collaborative relationships with colleagues, faculty, staff and vendors to reduce barriers and ensure integration of technology with business to support strategic initiatives.
Participate in the development, negotiation and finalization of all technical support contracts and service level agreements for supported entities; facilitate discussions regarding current and anticipated service requirements, policy changes and alternate approaches.
Develop the team, individual employees, structures, systems, and processes to more effectively accomplish the College’s educational and business objectives. Actively participates in Business Process Improvement activities.
Develop a culture that fosters a customer-focused, collaborative, supportive and accountable work environment with a focus on achieving results for the end users and enhancing student success through strong project management.
Improve organizational readiness and responsiveness by encouraging a mindset of technology from a break-fix, reactive approach to a proactive and preventive approach.
Maintain a current business continuity plan for information technology resources. Conduct ongoing risk assessments and audits to ensure that information systems are adequately protected and meet security requirements,
Ensure department evaluation of requests for new technology to determine benefits, costs, required resources, alternatives, feasibility and congruence with existing technologies.
Manage the budget and direct the strategic and tactical goals, policies and procedures of the department.
Support and participate in strategic initiatives and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, information systems or related field.
- Five years of experience leading an IT organization including supervision of IT staff.
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal.
- Experience in selecting and implementing suitable technology products, contracts, and vendor management.
- Experience with strategic planning, implementation and development.
- Experience building teams, creating partnerships, and driving transformation.
- Experience with project management and execution.
- Experience with data collection, analysis and distribution.
- Master’s degree in computer science, information technology management, business administration, or a closely related field.
- Experience leading & managing multiple sites.
- Experience in Sequel database and reporting.
- Exempt position, Monday-Thursday.
- Some Fridays, nights and weekends will be required.
- May be required to travel to various sites.
- Benefit eligible