Residence Hall Director
Budget Title RESIDENCE HALL DIRECTOR Campus Title Residence Hall Director School/Division Student Affairs, Division of Department Residence Life and Housing Office Staff Sub-Type Staff & Administration Salary Level SL2 Salary Range $35,803 Position Effort Full-Time If Part-Time, enter FTE: Is this a temporary position? If Temporary, enter End Date: Position Summary
The Residence Hall Director ( RHD ) is a 10-month live-in position responsible for the overall administration of a coeducational residence community of 150-250 undergraduates. Our RHD’s are responsible for fostering an appreciation for diversity, equity, inclusion and cultural competency in the halls, staff supervision, student conduct, counseling/referral, programming, and general building administration.
• Provide the overall administration of assigned residence hall including staff supervision, development, advising, counseling and referral, programming and general building administration
• Perform residence hall administrative tasks such as occupancy reports, incident/theft reports, damage assessments, and various daily reports and logs
• Promote positive living/learning environment, develop, and maintain concept of community in the residence hall
• Supervise student staff and hall council with regard to planning and implementation of quality programs in the hall and complete assessment paperwork
• Provide crisis management during various psychological, emotional, medical or other emergencies or incidents that occur in the hall
• Counsel and make appropriate and prompt referral of residents to appropriate campus resources in the areas of problem solving, conflict resolution, academic issues, vocational questions, and personal and/or disciplinary matters.
• Serve on standing and special committees with the department
• Actively engage in professional development opportunities in the area of residence life and housing.
• Residence hall coverage, which will require an obligation that includes various evening, overnight, weekend and occasional holiday responsibilities.
• Responsible for one departmental outside assignment per year in a support unit to residence life and housing.
• Ability to work various evening, overnight, weekend, and occasional holidays and be able to respond to emergency/crisis situations that may occur 24/7.
• Knowledge of residential life, operations and procedures, administrative and supervisory experiences, student development theory, counseling and conflict resolution, and general higher educational procedures are all critical to the effectiveness of this position.
• Skills essential to this position include: administration, organization, supervision, intervention, emergency response, verbal and written communication, public relations, decision making, advising, counseling, training in equity, inclusion, and cultural competency.
• Essential to this position is the ability to be flexible and adapt to an unusual and changing environment. Living at one’s job location can be very demanding.
Functional and Supervisory Relationships
Residence Hall Directors report directly to the Assistant and Associate Directors of Residence Life and Housing, and secondarily to the Director for Residence Life and Housing. Residence Hall Directors supervise a student staff that consists of resident assistants and indirectly works with green representatives.
-Previous residence life experience
-A Master’s degree
-One year of post baccalaureate residence life experience (graduate or professional)
-Demonstrated experience in developing diverse, inclusive, welcoming and global communities in a residence hall environment
-Experience addressing issues of bias, discrimination, and sexual assault with residential student populations
-Demonstrated level of cultural competency in working with diverse student populations
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
Job Close Date
Posting Number S20031 Review Start Date 03/19/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.cortland.edu/postings/4555
Special Instructions to Applicant
Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary is $35,803 with a highly competitive comprehensive benefits package. All RHDs reside in a furnished apartment within an assigned residence hall and are provided with a board plan of $750 per semester. Also included are a designated parking space on campus, professional development funding, and tuition support programs.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have previous residence life experience?
- * Do you have a minimum of one year post baccalaureate
residence life experience, either at the graduate or professional
- * Do you have, or will you have, a completed bachelor degree by
the position start date?
- * Do you have, or will you have, a completed master degree by
the position start date?
- Curriculum Vita or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Professional References Contact Info. ONLY (minimum of 3)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland