Senior Counselor (AOD)
Budget Title SENIOR COUNSELOR Campus Title Senior Counselor (AOD) School/Division Student Affairs, Division of Department Counseling and Wellness Services Staff Sub-Type Staff & Administration Salary Level SL4 Salary Range Mid to upper $60's Position Effort Full-Time If Part-Time, enter FTE: Is this a temporary position? If Temporary, enter End Date: Position Summary
Work as part of a multidisciplinary team providing mental health treatment, consultation, crisis counseling and prevention services in the areas of mental health and alcohol and other drugs ( AOD ) concerns. This full-time senior counselor position has a 12-month annual obligation and an AOD specialization
SUNY Cortland Counseling and Wellness Services promotes the overall well-being and personal growth of our students through various services. To learn more about the University or the Counseling Center, please visit our webpage .
Demonstrate your knowledge and skills in time-limited psychotherapy, communication skills, and ability to work at a fast pace and handle spontaneous work demands to deliver clinical services including:
- diagnostic assessment and evaluation;
- evidence-based individual, couples, and group psychotherapy;
- case management;
- crisis and emergency intervention.
Resource and Referral
Work cooperatively in a multidisciplinary team environment to make appropriate referrals to outside providers of psychiatric services and other campus and community resources.
Community, Outreach, and Prevention
- Demonstrate commitment to and interest in working with a diverse student population and ability to demonstrate multicultural competence during workshops, presentations, and other outreach activities, as well as, consultation to campus and larger community, including faculty, staff, families, students and other stakeholders.
- Provide outreach and preventive programs that address the psychological and behavioral needs of the student population, with particular emphasis and expertise in alcohol and other drug ( AOD ) issues.
- Report to the director of Counseling & Wellness Services.
- Work closely with staff from Health Promotion, Student Health Services, Disability Services, Career Services, and Residence Life and Housing.
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology or social work
- Professional license to practice and use the professional title in New York State of Licensed Mental Health Counselor ( LMHC ), Licensed Clinical Social Worker ( LCSW ) or Psychologist. (Note: within 6 months of appointment may be considered if currently licensed in another state)
- One year of experience in crisis intervention and consultation.
- One year of experience in providing outreach or psychoeducational programming, particularly with underserved and vulnerable populations.
- Three years of clinical experience providing short-term mental health treatment or referral for clients (including clients with AOD abuse concerns).
- State or national AOD certification in counseling or prevention
- Earned doctoral degree in counseling or clinical psychology from an APA accredited program and fully licensed as a psychologist in the State of New York within six months of hire (e.g., already licensed in another state)
- One year, full-time equivalent, APA approved internship in a college counseling center
- Recent college or university counseling center staff experience, particularly in providing counseling or prevention programming related to AOD abuse concerns
- Computer literacy
- Experience providing clinical supervision
- Experience working with and serving diverse populations
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
Job Close Date
Posting Number S20065 Review Start Date 05/31/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.cortland.edu/postings/4782
Special Instructions to Applicant
Priority consideration will be given to applications received on or before May 31, 2021
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you licensed as a mental health professional in the State
of New York, and able to practice independently under said license?
- * Are you licensed in a state other than New York and eligible
for New York State licensure within 6 months of hire?
- Curriculum Vita or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Professional References Contact Info. ONLY (minimum of 3)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Counsellor Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland