COMMUNITY RELATIONS ASSOCIATE
Team Coordinator for Alumni Engagement
Institutional Advancement, Division of
Alumni Engagement Office
Staff & Administration
low to mid $40,000
If Part-Time, enter FTE:
Is this a temporary position?
If Temporary, enter End Date:
Full-time team coordinator for the Alumni Engagement Department.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will assist with
budget management, alumni awards and employee and Board of Director
programs and processes. The position provides marketing materials
for alumni engagement programs.
- Manage Alumni Association budget process inclusive of coding,
deposits, refunds, money market account, salaries, Parks Alumni
House transactions and Alumni Association committee budgets in
collaboration with the Assistant Director of Advancement Financial
Services. Ensure staff is compliant with budget and PCI processes.
Provide budget updates monthly to executive director and board;
work with Assistant Director of Financial Services to provide
bimonthly reports and balance statements. Manage fraud reduction
processes. Manage annual audit and present report to executive
director and board. Work with multiple campus constituents to
provide revenue stream reports and projections.
Programs and Processes
- Responsible for all alumni awards. Manage Alumni Association
alumni awards from recruitment to presentation ceremony. Ensure
rubric and marketing is created in advance of recruitment. Focus
marketing to increase overall applications with a focus on
historically underrepresented groups and obtain unbiased selection
training for board committee members. Create and implement inductee
ceremony and experience. Liaison with campus departments to recruit
alumni keynotes and provide alumni awardee experiences. Execute the
honorary degree dinner and half century commencement experience
annually. Provide C-Club Hall of Fame inductee experience
Departmental Duties and General Operations Support
- Manage Alumni Engagement employee experience, inclusive of
Parks Alumni House team. Responsibilities include onboarding,
training, event software management and event and office material
acquisition. Ensure all employees are trained on student and alumni
confidentiality standards. Manage all employee operational needs.
Supervise one to four work study students.
- Manage Alumni Association Board of Director processes and
meetings. Provide training on board software. Organize board
meeting weekends inclusive of board events and meetings, lodging
and remote attendance experience. Manage board committee meetings
for eight committees and additional ad-hoc committees. Track board
expectation completion for board compliance committee.
As the team coordinator you will demonstrate your commitment to
treat others at all levels of the organization with fairness and
respect; understanding and appreciation of diversity, equity and
inclusion in the workplace; desire and ability to promote an
environment of inclusive excellence; and lead with customer-centric
focus on providing exceptional quality and service; and, use your
passion or creativity, for excellence and continuous
- Assist with the marketing, creation and execution of alumni
events and initiatives.
- Create written and web material to market events and student
and alumni engagement initiatives.
- Manage alumni and departmental requests including newsletters,
surveys and event marketing. Includes management of social media
messaging inboxes. Manage and solve elevated alumni
- Provide quarterly event assistance or lodging at the Parks
Alumni House. Serve as a backup to the Lodging and Events
Coordinator at the Parks Alumni House and Alumni Engagement
secretary when needed.
Functional and Supervisory Relationships
- Reports to the executive director of Alumni Engagement
- Supervises student employees
- Works closely with staff from Alumni Engagement, Advancement
Financial Services and the Parks Alumni House.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 year of related experience.
- Willingness and ability to work occasional evenings and
- 2 or more years of related experience.
- Budgeting and/or financial experience.
- Demonstrated familiarity with iModules and/or budget
- Event planning and/or other event industry experience.
- Not-for-Profit, education, or similarly complex organization
- Event and/or program marketing experience.
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with
Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The University actively
seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a
disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would
enrich the diversity of the University.
Job Close Date
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Special Instructions to Applicant
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Are you willing and able to work during weekend and evening
hours as needed?
- * Please, share your understanding of diversity, equity, and
inclusion and briefly describe your commitment to treating others,
at all levels of the organization with fairness and respect.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vita or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Professional References Contact Info. ONLY (minimum of 3)