Assistant Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Budget Title STAFF ASSOCIATE Campus Title Assistant Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer School/Division President's Office Department Institutional Equity and Inclusion Office Staff Sub-Type Staff & Administration Salary Level SL4 Salary Range Upper $50's Position Effort Full-Time If Part-Time, enter FTE: Is this a temporary position? If Temporary, enter End Date: Position Summary
The assistant chief diversity and inclusion officer ( ACDIO ) will work closely with and report to the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer to implement best practices related to diversity, equity, and inclusion ( DEI ). In collaboration with the CDIO cultivate and promote inclusive work and learning environments that encourage and support cultural competency and capacity such as, campus-wide DEI training, multicultural appreciation events and advocacy for faculty, staff, student and/or alumni affinity groups.
The mission of the Institutional Equity and Inclusion Office is to provide campus-wide leadership and support on matters relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion for all members of the SUNY Cortland Community.
The IEI office supports the University’s efforts to ensure that students, faculty, and staff learn and work in environments that actively promote a culture of inclusive excellence.
Bias Reporting System
The ACDIO will partner with the CDIO to facilitate appropriate resolution to reports of bias-related incidents. Identify and coordinate appropriate actions (referral, training, and counsel) for any identified trends or patterns.
Professional Development and Training
In partnership with the CDIO and appropriate academic and professional offices, including but not limited to human resources, the Multicultural Life and Diversity Office and the Faculty Development Committee, provide leadership and training to the campus community regarding cultural competency, antiracism, and equity & inclusion.
In collaboration with communications and marketing staff the ACDIO will develop materials to promote DEI goals and successes and strengthen a sense of community, belonging, and mattering for all students, faculty, and staff. Monitor and maintain the Institutional Equity and Inclusion webpage with resources and calendar of events. Maintain a social media presence across various platforms.
Recruitment & Retention
In partnership with the CDIO the ACDIO will collaborate with colleagues from appropriate offices to implement best practices regarding options for increasing diversity in our recruitment process at SUNY Cortland as it relates to faculty, staff, and students.
Councils, Committees & IEI Initiatives
The ACDIO will represent the IEI office on campus committees, councils and boards. The ACDIO will lead current and future IEI initiatives such as the Minority Male Initiative ( MMI ).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s) and other attributes that will contribute to success in this role:
- Effective project management and administrative leadership skills
- Cross-cultural competencies, including strong emotional intelligence and the ability to engage and build relationships with university constituencies and underrepresented or minoritized communities
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, regulations and guidelines related to civil rights enforcement.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to lead and cultivate a common vision and collaborative culture to achieve institutional goals.
- Ability to effectively problem solve and lead others through transformational change.
- Ability to communicate effectively, through written as well as interpersonal and group communication skills, at all levels of the university, with administration, faculty, staff, students, and external constituents including alumni, potential donors, and Cortland county community.
- Ability to promote productive collaboration across multiple groups of stakeholders involved in diversity and equity efforts.
- Knowledge of and commitment to contemporary issues of inclusion, racial and social justice, diversity, access, and equity, including the current scholarship and pedagogical approaches that inform and address these matters.
- Ability to lead professional development associated with diversity, equity, and antiracism topics.
- Reports to the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- Works closely with campus community members including students, and employees from academic and administrative offices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years’ experience in a higher education or other similarly complex educational setting.
- Experience in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Experience researching, identifying and collaborating in the implementation of best practices related to anti-racism, diversity, equity and inclusion and the concept of cultural responsiveness.
- Master’s degree in a field related to social sciences, social work, organizational change, or diversity, equity & inclusion studies
- At least two years of professional work, research, teaching and/or experience in the field of diversity and inclusion, social justice advocacy and education, student development, student advising, student organization advising, and/or campus-wide programming.
- At least two years of experience in addressing bias reports, conflict resolution and/or mediation
- At least two years of experience leading diversity and inclusion related initiatives and programs.
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The University actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the University.
Job Close Date
Posting Number S20071 Review Start Date 06/07/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.cortland.edu/postings/4842
Special Instructions to Applicant Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have professional experience in a higher education
setting or a similarly complex organization?
- If you have not had higher ed experience, please explain your
interest in working in this environment.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please, share your understanding of diversity, equity, and
inclusion and briefly describe your commitment to treating others,
at all levels of the organization with fairness and respect.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest earned degree that you possess, please
include the degree program?
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vita or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Professional References Contact Info. ONLY (minimum of 3)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland