Senior Programmer Analyst
Budget Title SENIOR PROG/ANALYST Campus Title Senior Programmer Analyst School/Division Academic Affairs, Division of Department Administrative Computing Staff Sub-Type Staff & Administration Salary Level SL4 Salary Range Mid $70's Position Effort Full-Time If Part-Time, enter FTE: Is this a temporary position? If Temporary, enter End Date: Position Summary
As a member of Administrative Computing Services Programming team this position provides support for the college’s centralized student information system, Banner (Internet Native Banner/ INB ) and (Self Service Banner/ SSB ). It requires a thorough knowledge of Banner, collaboration with users and understanding of their office procedures/processes, as well as strong analyst and technical skills. This individual will work closely with faculty and staff to provide data to support academic and administrative operations, assuring all data requests are complete, timely, and accurate. Major Responsibilities
Primary Technical Responsibilities
* Primary areas of responsibility include: Residence Life and Housing, the Student Accounts Office, the Finance Office, SUNY Cortland Auxiliary Services, and the Parking Operations and Security Services Office.
* Responsible for implementing technical specifications and designs; writing source code, troubleshooting, preparing an accurate test environment, testing, debugging, assessing and revising programs as necessary to streamline, enhance and maintain program and process functionality.
* Work with Banner Administrator to grant/remove appropriate privileges to end users. Create and maintain local Banner Oracle tables and views to support functional offices and processes. Assure the running of all appropriate daily, nightly, monthly and annual processes are accurately and efficiently executed for areas of responsibility.
* Serve as Banner INB / SSB Analyst: Responsible for consulting with user departments to determine banner-related programming needs, objectives, functions, and input and output requirements. Develop appropriate solutions while following software development life cycle methodology. Proactively identify strategic enhancements to improve end-user interfaces, functionality, and satisfaction. Work with functional users and team members to ensure that the development of integrated solutions is efficiently implemented and current software database version levels are properly maintained.
Third Party Integration
* Responsible for supporting integration of third-party software applications that require Banner data elements to be imported in a batch or real-time method. Coordinate ongoing integration support between the end user office(s), the third-party vendor and other IR departments as necessary. Follow all standard SUNY Cortland file transfer strategies.
Report Development, Maintenance, and Support
* Work with the functional users and team members to develop and maintain data blocks and reports. Ensure users have the ability to run and access assigned reports/dashboards for themselves. Maintain an understanding of related table structures and views and follows established data block, reporting and security standards.
* Promote active communication between functional users and team members. Contribute appropriately to conversations and meetings. Accurately prepare written and verbal correspondence that is coherent, effective and professional.
* Effectively communicate project time-lines, readiness and status updates to the director and functional users on a regular basis.
* Maintain and review a centrally located repository of documentation. Repositories can include Department shared drive, project management application, and other office tools. Provide feedback and recommendations to improve organization’s documentation systems and processes.
* Maintain knowledge of SUNY Cortland, State of New York, and Federal information security policies: FERPA, GLB, Red Flag, PCI, and any relevant records retention policies. Report any misuse or security vulnerability to the Security Officer.
* Work with the director and team members to provide vision and leadership in developing and maintaining a sound strategic plan for the Administrative Computing Services Department that support the goals and missions of Information Resources and the University. Functional and Supervisory Relationships
* Student and temporary support staff employees, as needed Required Qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree
* Experience in computer programming, software development, and demonstrated knowledge of enterprise level database development.
* Demonstrated understanding of programming code in more than one programming language.
* Demonstrated commitment and ability to stay current and learn technology related to the position.
* Evidence of interpersonal, communications, and writing skills sufficient to provide excellence in service to campus community members at all levels of the organization.
* Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of independence and ability to work as part of a team
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks. Preferred Qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
* Experience working in a higher education environment.
* Ability to write and review/execute SQL statements and PL/ SQL program.
* Functional knowledge of Ellucian Banner and Banner Self-Service.
* Evidence of knowledge of or experience working with Oracle, SQR, and experience with 3rd party software integration.
* Evidence of knowledge of or experience using Argos reporting application. EEO Statement
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College. Job Close Date
Posting Number S20074 Review Start Date 06/01/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.cortland.edu/postings/4855
Special Instructions to Applicant Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- Curriculum Vita or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Professional References Contact Info. ONLY (minimum of 3)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland