ASL Full-time Non-Tenure Track Lecturer
Working Title ASL Full-time Non-Tenure Track Lecturer Department College of Education Full Time or Part Time? Full Time Position Number Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
Are you a qualified ASL instructor and passionate about teaching others about ASL and the Deaf Community? Then NKU is the place for you! Located seven miles from downtown Cincinnati in an area offering an outstanding quality of life, Northern Kentucky University is a nationally recognized metropolitan university committed to active engagement with the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati region. Our institution is built on the core values of excellence, integrity, inclusiveness, innovation, and collegiality. For additional information on Northern Kentucky University, visit http://www.nku.edu.
The NKU College of Education ( COE ) is committed to academic excellence, research-supported practice, and diverse, equitable, and inclusive teaching and learning environments. The Department of Teacher Preparation and Educational Studies ( TPES ) focuses on initial certification teacher preparation and non-certification educational programs.
We are seeking a qualified full-time, non-tenure track lecturer in American Sign Language ( ASL ). The faculty member hired into this position will teach courses in ASL and provide leadership to further develop the current ASL program, beginning January 2022.
We are seeking individuals who have the ability and interest in contributing to a teaching and learning community committed to a student-centered approach, demonstrating strong ethics, respect for diversity, innovation, flexibility, and collaboration. Qualifications
- Masters Degree in ASL, Deaf Studies, or a closely related field
- Native or near-native competency in ASL
- In-depth experience with the Deaf Community
- American Sign Language Teacher Association ( ASLTA ) certification
- At least three years teaching experience (P-12 or higher education)
- Experience in higher education teaching and program development
- The ability to offer advanced courses in ASL, Deaf Studies and/or Deaf Education
- Experience in developing community-based collaborations and field opportunities
Interested applicants should submit an online application, letter of interest (2-3 pages) addressing the qualifications for the position, current resume/CV, names and contact information of three professional references, and copies of graduate transcripts (unofficial accepted at the initial stage) to https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10544 . Questions may be directed to Dr. Missy Jones, Professor of Special Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
NKU is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. Minimum Education Master's Degree Preferred Education Master's Degree
Requisition Number 2021F552 Job Open Date 07/12/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10544 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Other Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Special Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport