Assistant Coach, Football - Level 1
Budget Title ASSISTANT COACH Campus Title Assistant Coach, Football - Level 1 School/Division Academic Affairs, Division of Department Athletics Staff Sub-Type Coaching Salary Level SL2 Salary Range $25,500 Position Effort Part-Time (enter FTE below) If Part-Time, enter FTE:
75% – Level 1 Is this a temporary position? If Temporary, enter End Date: Position Summary
The assistant coach for SUNY Cortland Football assists in all aspects of the administration and operation of a nationally competitive athletic program. Cortland Athletics fosters a student-athlete environment conducive to excellence in athletics, academics, and personal growth through diverse and inclusive experiences at the university and the community.
This posting is for 2 part-time (75%), level 1 assistant coach positions with a 9.5-month (8/1- 5/15) period of professional obligation. Major Responsibilities
Responsible for assisting the head coach with all matters pertaining to the total operation of the Football program at SUNY Cortland.
* Demonstrate effective coaching through content knowledge, practice construction and execution, and the affective dimension (e.g., interpersonal interactions, enthusiasm, respect and rapport).
* Instruct student athletes in physical health (strength, conditioning & skill training), individual/team concepts, and safety.
* Maintain and/or build the sport program that is competitive at the conference level.
* Supervise athletes and monitor the facilities for purposes of safety and facility security.
* Recruit prospective student-athletes in accordance with the NCAA, SUNYAC and SUNY Cortland rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
* Recruit adequate numbers of student athletes with sufficient skill to be as competitive as possible within the guidelines set by the relevant athletic conference(s) and the policies and procedures of the university.
* Assess academic performance of student athletes at least once each semester to ensure the ongoing eligibility of athletes and monitor their academic progress; academic retention of student athletes must at minimum mirror the retention rate of the college.
* Provide general advising, mentoring and support to student-athletes.
* Demonstrate concern for the overall welfare of student athletes at all times.
* Ensure all documentation and paperwork is completed in a timely fashion.
* Represent the College in a professional and ethical manner, modeling outstanding sportsmanship, consistent with SUNY Cortland mission, vision and campus priorities.
* Execute all of these responsibilities as assistant coach in a manner that reflects an ongoing commitment to the excellence, integrity and success of the sports program; the department and the university.
* Ability to recruit, inspire, mentor, coach and teach highly talented student-athletes.
* A strong identification with and support of SUNY Cortland mission, vision and campus priorities.
* Ability to adhere to all policies, rules and regulations of SUNY Cortland, SUNY System, and applicable athletic conferences.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
* Ability to communicate effectively – via technology, in person, and in writing.
* Ability to represent the department and college in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as needed.
* Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgement based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
* Ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner.
* Ability to integrate resources, policies, and information for the determination of procedures, solutions, and other outcomes. Functional and Supervisory Relationships
* Reports to the head coach for SUNY Cortland Football.
* Works closely with the head coach, coaching and support staff to ensure the success of SUNY Cortland Football. Required Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent education and relevant experience. Preferred Qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree
* Playing and/or coaching background in sport. EEO Statement
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College. Job Close Date
Posting Number S20075 Review Start Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.cortland.edu/postings/4858
Special Instructions to Applicant Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- Curriculum Vita or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Professional References Contact Info. ONLY (minimum of 3)