Instrumentation Management Assistant
Job Code/Title 82761 - H - Lab/Research Technician 1 Position Number HU1530 Working Title Instrumentation Management Assistant Department Medicines for All Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $15 - $20/hr Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week Up to 29 hrs/wk Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Laboratory Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
Medicines for All (M4ALL) based at Virginia Commonwealth University is searching for an innovative and detailed oriented individual to join our team as an Instrumentation Management Assistant. M4ALL is a large research organization comprised of 8 lab spaces. In this role, you will be responsible for providing a broad range of process management support to M4ALL in areas such as advising on and/or creating systems for proper management and process techniques to simplify workflow and management of machines, inventory flow and use, and other project process operations to support waste, time, and service-reducing measures.
The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate with management to determine the needs of each lab, analyze our current processes and research best practices. This individual must also have a familiarity with lab practices in order to communicate and disseminate complex, technical information to an audience of varying knowledge.
- High school diploma
- Previous experience preparing instruction manuals and SOPs
- Previous experience in software development
- A working knowledge of machinery used in the pharmaceutical and chemical industry and processes involving maintenance of these machines
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as an employee at VCU
- Strong skills in critical thinking, writing, organization, and communication is essential.
- The individual must be able to work their assigned schedule virtually
- Excellent telephone, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to serve as a team member and to continuously refine protocols and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem and decision-making solving skills.
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
- Open communication with laboratory manager
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel &
- 3+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or chemical industries
- College degree
Job Open Date 07/12/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note this position is dependent on grant funding. Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107791 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your experience as it relates to this
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond