Media Technology Specialist
Posting Number S01439 Position Title Media Technology Specialist Internal Position Title Media Technology Specialist Department Technology Support Position Type Staff Job Family Specialist Job Summary
The College of Lake County is currently searching for a Media Services Technician to join the Technology Support Department. The Media Services Technician is responsible for the support of the College’s audio/visual needs. These needs include installing, evaluating, acquiring, deploying, and maintaining classroom technology, special events, live streaming, and digital signage. This role is also involved in designing A/V solutions and programming room control systems [KG1] . This role reports to the Manager, Media Services.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
- Bachelor’s Degree with six months of experience in a technology support role
- Associates Degree with one year of experience in an information technology role, at least 6 months of which were in a technology support role
- Three years of experience in an information technology role, at least two years of which were in a technology support role.
- A minimum of 2 (Two) years in AV installation or service.
- Use of Crestron Toolbox, Extron PCS, Shure wireless workbench software
- Certification in room system design, programming, and installation [KG1]
- Use of basic hand tools
- Ability to terminate audio visual cabling including CAT6, VGA, RS-232, and audio connections
- Basic knowledge of PC and MAC audio and visual settings
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Committed to keeping up-to-date with the ever-changing technology landscape.
- Reflect a positive, high-energy and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to work well on and contribute to the high performance of a team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and deliver according to deadlines while handling multiple tasks, ability to exercise judgment, handle confidential information, and function with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users
- Ability to problem-solve, analyze information to make informed decisions and/or recommendations
- Applies principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to travel between campuses as needed
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Higher Education experience ideally in a community college setting
- Avixa CTS
- An innate focus on students and their success
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills.
- An interest in improving existing processes and procedures on a continual basis.
- Ability to manage projects as needed.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
If you have an associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, please upload your unofficial transcript showing this. Pay Rate The salary is competitive. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40 Work Schedule
Monday – Friday Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Staffing of special events as needed Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V Summary of Essential Functions
- Coordinates and performs audio/visual support of live events, including sound enhancement and streaming, ensuring requirements are met.
- Provides technical support of the College’s digital signage system.
- Proactively ensures all audio/visual technology is fully operational so that classes and meetings have minimal issues.
- Develops and facilitates the preparation of technical and instructional user manuals, computer programs, and other training aids related to the proper use of audio/visual technology and systems.
- Consistently provides excellent customer service, displaying customer care best practices in support of students, faculty, staff, and other constituents.
- Acts as primary point of escalation from first level support to troubleshoot and resolve audio/visual issues at their root cause.
- Uses efficient and effective troubleshooting techniques to gather information, identify the core of the problem, and determine its root cause.
- Efficiently and effectively escalates issues after an appropriate time or when issues require further expertise.
- Identifies and leverages opportunities to improve the productivity of faculty and staff by providing just-in-time training on optimal operation of audio/video technology.
- Eagerly assists other Technology Support staff in resolving issues at their root cause.
Issue and Ticket Management (20%)
- Accurately documents and maintains all support requests and efforts in the ticket management system.
- Ensures support tickets are appropriately transferred, escalated, and closed.
- Keeps customers updated on the status of their open incidents.
- Ensures that customers are satisfied upon ticket closure.
Projects and Administration (10%)
- Manages the audio/visual technology lifecycle including consulting on need; architecting, designing, programming and implementing room systems; evaluating, acquiring, inventorying, installing, and maintaining solutions; and uninstalling/decommissioning and disposal
- Communicates current activities, services, and functionality with students, faculty, and staff.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Administers select audio/video-related systems as defined.
- Assists in assessing the need for new and/or additional technology.
Other Duties (10%)
- Maintains and shares subject matter expertise, staying current on industry trends and emerging technologies, identifying opportunities for further research, establishing and maintaining relationships with industry and professional colleagues, and attending conferences and seminars in order to recommend new solutions in service of student success and faculty and staff effectiveness and efficiency, while enhancing systems design, usage, security, performance, and availability.
- Develops an audio/visual technology roadmap, in collaboration with Manager, Media Services, which optimizes student learning outcomes.
- Assists with documenting and maintaining up-to-date, accurate, and helpful information the department’s knowledgebase
- Assists in the development and enforcement of audio/visual standards and acceptable use policies for students, faculty, and staff.
- Acts as an IT liaison between to faculty and staff to communicate changes, gather feedback, suggest improvements, and implement solutions.
- Models all institution and regulatory policies, procedures and standards.
- Utilizes self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting performance management system objectives and career goals.
- Proactively works with other members of the College to identify and implement key opportunities for operational improvements.
- Other duties as assigned
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have:
- a Bachelor’s Degree with six months of experience in a technology support role?
- an Associates Degree with one year of experience in an information technology role, at least 6 months of which were in a technology support role?
- a minimum of three years of experience in an information technology role, at least two years of which were in a technology support role?
Do you have a a minimum of 2 (Two) years in AV installation or
Do you have knowledge of and/or used Crestron Toolbox, Extron
PCS, Shure wireless workbench software ?
- * Do you have any Higher Education experience ideally in a
community college setting?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake