University Code 10121 University Title Student Recruiter 1-3 University Job Family Academic & Faculty Affairs ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Transfer Counselor Position Number 569480 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Office of Admissions Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The VCU Office of Admissions for the Division of Strategic Enrollment Management and Student Success is seeking a Transfer Counselor. Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions, the Transfer Counselor will be responsible for actively recruiting transfer students from community colleges by providing current information about VCU and its programs, pre-enrollment course recommendations, as well as the transfer application process to community college students, faculty, and staff.
• Represent Virginia Commonwealth University ( VCU ) at various student recruitment activities targeted to transfer students and their families in community colleges.
• Plan, develop, market, and organize various recruitment activities to meet the strategic enrollment goals of the University.
• Correspond with prospective students and their families including managing electronic recruitment correspondence.
• Conduct individual in-person and tele-meetings with prospective students, parents, and families to counsel them on the student’s admissibility to VCU as well as their ability to be successful once at VCU .
• Encourage campus visits as well as applications for admission and maintain appropriate follow-up communication with these students and their families regarding the status of their applications for admission.
• Participate fully in the evaluation of applications and selection of the incoming class including performing the necessary data entry responsibilities for admission utilizing VCU’s CRM and student information systems.
• Work closely with the Office of Admissions leadership team to contribute to a strategic plan that ensures VCU is making every effort to attract and enroll a diverse student population from the region.
• Partner and maintain relationships with the VCU Transfer Center, VCU program recruiters, and external transfer advising staff in the community colleges to support recruitment efforts as needed.
• Join, and participate in, regional admissions and school counselor associations to build solid working relationships.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Benefited, 12-month position with high volume activity. Competitive health benefits, leave and retirement plans are available.
• Employee works from an office located at the J. Sargeant Reynolds Downtown campus in Richmond, Virginia as well as at the Parham Road campus. During the fall 2021 semester, the employee should be open to working a hybrid remote schedule that will include an alternation of working from home and from the Office of Admissions on VCU’s Monroe Park Campus, if needed.
• Extensive and regular travel between offices, to VCU, and to other community colleges is expected. Trips with total mileage beyond 25 miles will be reimbursed, appropriate hotel and per diem expenses will also be provided.
• Weekends, holiday, and evening work is common and expected to meet the recruitment goals of the University.
• Covid-19 update: During the fall 2021 semester, the employee should be open to working a hybrid remote schedule that will include an alternation of working from home and from the Office of Admissions on VCU’s Monroe Park Campus, if needed. Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and education.
• Experience in higher education, administrative, or customer-service related areas.
• Demonstrated excellence in public contact and customer service experience.
• Possesses finesse in building strong relationships with students, families, school counselors and other stakeholders.
• Experience with public speaking; strong comfort level with making presentations to large groups of people.
• Ability to work independently with minimum to no supervision.
• Unexpired Driver’s License, personal vehicle, and active car insurance.
• Ability to obtain and manage a VCU travel card.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work in and with a diverse population.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of MS Office software. Preferred Hiring Standards
• Experience in college admissions or advising with a focus on transfer students.
• Knowledge of VCU and the Virginia Community College System.
• Experience in compiling, preparing, and analyzing data for reports.
• Experience with CRM, Banner student information system, and imaging Software.
• Experience with event planning. Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range up to $40,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Off-site Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Mon - Fri, 8-4:30p Job Open Date 07/12/2021 Posting will close on or before 07/26/2021 Open Until Filled No Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107785 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's Degree?
- * Do you have experience working with student populations,
particularly transfer students?
- * How many years of college admissions recruitment or advising
experience do you have?
- * Have you worked in a high volume customer service setting?
- * Are you familiar with VCU departments and programs?
- * Do you have data entry experience?
- * Do you have or are you able to obtain a valid Virginia
driver's license and current car insurance?
- * This position requires occasional work on weekends, evenings,
and holidays along with frequent travel. Will you be able to meet
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond