Adjunct Faculty – Early Childhood Education
Reports To and Evaluated by
Associate Dean of Adult, Career and Technical Education
Masters Degree with concentration in Early Childhood Education or
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of
compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and
Experience teaching at a College level. Excellent oral and written
communication skills. Familiarity with online instruction.
The adjunct instructor will teach Early Childhood Education to a
diverse student population. These courses will be offered during
the day, evening, and/or weekends. The responsibilities and duties
of the instructor may change as the needs of the college
Specific Job Duties
- Utilize departmental syllabus template, approved textbooks, and
supplemental course materials.
- Submit personalized course syllabus to Deans’ Office in
electronic format one (1) week prior to course start date.
- Distribute and review comprehensive course syllabus to students
no later than the first week of the course.
- Receive, understand, and follow Course Data Form as distributed
by Deans’ Office.
- Adhere to printed course schedule meeting times and
- Obtain prior approval for any substitute teachers or guest
speakers from Deans’ Office.
- Maintain grade book in electronic or hard copy format.
- Take and record student Attendance each day.
- Submit accurate and certified Tenth (10th) Day Attendance
Verification and Mid-Semester Class Roster or other report to
- Give final exam at the time and date indicated on the college’s
Final Exam Schedule.
- Respond to e-mails from students, staff, and college
administrators in a timely manner while classes are in session
using assigned college designated e-mail.
- Check assigned college mailbox regularly.
- Attend campus-wide and department professional development and
/ or trainings.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton "careers" website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- * What is the highest degree completed?
- H.S. Diploma
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evaluations (for Faculty)