Part Time - Administrative Assistant II
Provides a variety of administrative support duties in relation to
the Department of
Science and Engineering and the Department of Math, Computer
Science, and Information Technology including Biology, Chemistry,
Drafting, Engineering, Geology, Physical Education,
Physics, Math, and Computer Science.
Candidates Eligible to Apply
Position Funding Type
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two (2)
years of general clerical or office support experience; or, an
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to
work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse
· Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
· Records maintenance skills.
· Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
· Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart
· Ability to analyze and solve problems.
· Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
· Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
· Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Word processing and/or data entry skills.
· Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
· Skills in the use of database management, word processing,
spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
· Organizing and coordinating skills.
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
· Knowledge of general accounting principles.
· Knowledge of human resources administration principles and
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
1. Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, providing
factual information which may require the interpretation and
application of policies and procedures; takes messages or refers
the caller, prospective student, or member of the public to the
2. Enters, edits and retrieves data and prepares periodic or
special reports, using a computer system and following established
formats and menus.
3. Performs such office support activities as opening and
distributing mail, processing outgoing mail, making travel
arrangements and preparing requisitions.
4. Prepares correspondence, reports and manuscripts and maintains
confidentiality of such documents as required.
5. Serves as a point of administrative contact and liaison with
other offices, individuals, and institutions on operational and
programmatic matters concerning the Office.
6. Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other
special events; coordinates and attends committee meetings, and
participates in committee discussions, as appropriate.
7. Assists Department Chairs, Program Coordinators, Directors and
other departmental staff administratively as needed, such as
preparing documents and making arrangements for graduations.
8. Serves as a liaison between students, staff, the community and
the College in relation to the programs and related activities,
such as assisting students and the public by providing information
about the various programs in the Department of Science and
Engineering and the Department of Math and Computer Science.
9. Provides staff support to the office, to include screening,
analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence and requests
from other offices, handling day-to-day problems and situations,
and provision of secretarial support.
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· No or very limited physical effort required.
· No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
Minimum Salary Range
Mid Point Salary Range
Maximum Salary Range
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Posting Will Be Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of
disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the
recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation
of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and
regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Do you have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED?
Do you have a minimum of two (2) years of general clerical or
office support experience?
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
- Additional Transcripts (2 of 3)
- Additional Transcripts (3 of 3)