Part Time - Administrative Assistant II
Posting Number AS198P Position Title Part Time - Administrative Assistant II Contract Length N/A Class Summary
Provides a variety of administrative support duties in relation to the Department of
Science and Engineering and the Department of Math, Computer Science, and Information Technology including Biology, Chemistry, Drafting, Engineering, Geology, Physical Education,
Physics, Math, and Computer Science. Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Non-Exempt Staff Employment Status Part Time Position Funding Type Regular
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of general clerical or office support experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Preferred Education/Training/Experience
None Minimum Knowledge & Skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
· Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
· Records maintenance skills.
· Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
· Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems.
· Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
· Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
· Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Word processing and/or data entry skills.
· Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
· Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
· Organizing and coordinating skills.
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
· Knowledge of general accounting principles.
· Knowledge of human resources administration principles and practices.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
None Licensing/Certification Requirements
None Job Duties
1. Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, providing factual information which may require the interpretation and application of policies and procedures; takes messages or refers the caller, prospective student, or member of the public to the appropriate person.
2. Enters, edits and retrieves data and prepares periodic or special reports, using a computer system and following established formats and menus.
3. Performs such office support activities as opening and distributing mail, processing outgoing mail, making travel arrangements and preparing requisitions.
4. Prepares correspondence, reports and manuscripts and maintains confidentiality of such documents as required.
5. Serves as a point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and institutions on operational and programmatic matters concerning the Office.
6. Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events; coordinates and attends committee meetings, and participates in committee discussions, as appropriate.
7. Assists Department Chairs, Program Coordinators, Directors and other departmental staff administratively as needed, such as preparing documents and making arrangements for graduations.
8. Serves as a liaison between students, staff, the community and the College in relation to the programs and related activities, such as assisting students and the public by providing information about the various programs in the Department of Science and Engineering and the Department of Math and Computer Science.
9. Provides staff support to the office, to include screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence and requests from other offices, handling day-to-day problems and situations, and provision of secretarial support.
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· No or very limited physical effort required.
· No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Minimum Salary Range 12.50 hr Mid Point Salary Range . Maximum Salary Range 12.50 hr Posting Open Date 07/02/2021 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2481 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED?
Do you have a minimum of two (2) years of general clerical or
office support experience?
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
- Additional Transcripts (2 of 3)
- Additional Transcripts (3 of 3)