Assistant/Associate/Clinical Professor & Director
Mississippi State University seeks a program director for the new provisionally accredited Master of Physician Assistant Studies program on the Meridian Campus. The program director will be responsible for working with administration in continuing to build a highly reputable program and ensuring achievement of full accreditation. The program director will hold a faculty rank that is commensurate with their experience and qualifications.
Salary Grade : UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Please see our website at http://www.meridian.msstate.edu/academics/
Area of Specialization:
Physician Assistant - Meridian Administration
Anticipated Appointment Date:
July 1, 2022
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Oversight of curriculum and accreditation compliance.
2) Work with administration in recruiting, hiring, supervising, and evaluating PA faculty and support staff members.
3) Lead and maintain the best pedagogical practices among PA programs, including mentoring junior faculty and creating an environment that fosters teamwork and collaboration.
4) Reach established enrollment goals through overseeing the student recruitment and admissions processes, coordinating student acceptance and matriculation processes, and collaborating with administration and staff in marketing and program promotion.
5) Serve as a key representative for the university related to clinical allied health programs, specifically on the Meridian Campus.
6) Coordinate and oversee clinical practicums and arrange host sites.
7) Participate in the recruitment of clinicians and support staff for clinical practice.
8) Build and maintain close working relationships with local hospital administrators and physicians.
9) Participate in research and presentations to build a national reputation for the Master of Physician Assistant Studies program.
10) Develop a strategic and operational plan for the program, including budgetary and fiscal management.
11) Collaborate with colleagues on the Meridian and Starkville Campus in initiatives that expand the university's contribution to critical healthcare needs of the state.
12) Contribute to broad university service through key committee appointments.
13) Other duties as assigned.
1) Master's degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program or related discipline.
2) Three years of prior experience teaching in a Physician Assistant program.
3) Licensed or eligible to be licensed in Mississippi as a Physician Assistant.
4) NCCPA certification.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
1) Doctoral degree in a related discipline.
2) Prior experience as a department head or program director.
3) Prior experience with curriculum development, program design, and teaching courses using a course management system.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three additional references. In addition, the official transcript of highest degree and three letters of recommendation should be sent by mail to:
Dr. Terry Dale Cruse
Associate Vice President & Head of Campus
Mississippi State University-Meridian
1000 Hwy 19 North
Meridian. MS 39307
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University