Program Manager - UFRA Certification
Program Manager - UFRA Certification
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The Utah Fire & Rescue Academy (UFRA) is recruiting a full-time Program Manager - Certification. The responsibilities include: managing statewide emergency services certification programs, assists other program managers with training, online education, marketing, logistics, and quality control, and responsible for verifying certification is compliant with standards, laws, UVU regulations, state and national NFPA standards, and ProBoard and IFSAC accreditation requirements. Researches, plans, and organizes tester seminars, certification council meetings, and offers support in other organization events. Manages part and/or full-time staff and adjuncts in areas of responsibility. Functions in a supportive role in maintaining a professional relationship with the emergency services community and allied professionals to encourage support and facilitate the safe, effective, and efficient delivery of certification testing. Maintains a high standard of performance, delivery, and customer service. Prepares, instructs, and follows approved standards of Certification testing. Prepares material, leads individuals and groups in classrooms, props, and drill grounds using appropriate teaching and safety methods. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree plus one year of experience related to the Summary of Duties or any combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling five years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of NFPA standards, federal and state regulations, and laws pertaining to fire science, and knowledge of the Utah Fire Service Certification System.
- Knowledge of state, federal, and local grant funding sources and programs, as well as the procedures to apply for these opportunities.
- Knowledge of management techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of instructional objectives, techniques, and standards.
- Knowledge of statewide fire and emergency services training programs, certification processes, and UVU academic emergency services programs and how these relate to state and national guidelines, policies, regulations, standards, and requirements.
- Skills with managing and prioritizing multiple projects and assignments.
- Skills with managing, preparing, creating, and delivering courses in the classroom and field.
- Ability to work in a group, team, and independently. * Ability to foster professional relationships with Chief Officers, CEOs, allied training professionals, as well as groups with competing interests. Ability to use databases, spreadsheets, and understand word processing applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, non-verbally, and in writing.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a non-threatening and mutually beneficial way.
Knowledge of NFPA standards, federal and Utah regulations pertaining to fire science, and knowledge of the Utah Fire Service Certification System.
Frequently standing, sitting, walking, talking. Occasionally climbing, bending, stooping, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling. Continuously hearing and seeing.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $41,412 - $51,765
Advertisement Number: STA39521
Open Date: 07/08/2021
Review Start Date: 07/30/2021
Close Date: 8/31/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: To be considered as a Program Manager - UFRA Certification, the following must be submitted:
* A cover letter of interest.
* A resume of education and experience.
References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/23325
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.