Senior Programmer Analyst
Senior Programmer Analyst
Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 864-294-2217.
Senior Programmer Analyst
Enterprise Information Systems
The Senior Programmer Analyst works with a diverse range of people and projects to manage the security, development, maintenance, support, documentation and continuous improvement of our enterprise applications and systems. This role supports business intelligence platforms and legacy systems to enable collection of business information and generate reports based on that information.
- Managing the security, business processes, data audits and corrections, systems updates, system configuration, and overall functionality of our BI environments.
- Administering system security ensuring users are granted appropriate and approved access while following governance procedures and documenting changes.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality in dealing with confidential data and business information and initiatives.
- Act as an internal consultant regarding system capabilities to drive the functionality of the Enterprise Information Systems, facilitating discussions to understand business, information, and security needs of data, and management, and making recommendations about how the system can best meet those needs.
- Identifying, recommending and tracking opportunities for process and operational optimization.
- Supporting users by troubleshooting problems, answering questions, delegating access, creating and/or modifying reports, resetting passwords and assisting in the creation of documentation as needed.
- Managing and ensuring the implementation of releases from the vendors of the platforms used to support Enterprise Information Systems and Business Intelligence.
- Maintains currency of knowledge and skills related to the duties and responsibilities; including maintaining up to date information about the department and university.
- Assisting with the development of training plans to help end-users carry out role-based and user-based responsibilities in the platform.
- Collaborating with 3rd party vendors and configuring and testing integration security between the platform and 3rd party solutions.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects while remaining focused on detail.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Successful candidate will fit well with the team while bringing diverse perspectives and can easily learn new skills and technologies. Candidate will be expected to demonstrate communication, problem-solving, analysis, report writing and technical skills if called for an interview.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a diverse team environment and across department boundaries to continually improve processes, products, and services with a focus on quality and customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including application/system documentation. This should also include the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Experienced in delivering department and business-focused solutions based on the best interest and needs of the business.
- Major system experience in one or more of the categories of
Business Intelligence (BI) systems, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems including (Salesforce, Slate, and Raisers Edge), Document Management, Learning Management Systems (especially Moodle), door access systems, card systems, and Content Management Systems.
- History of learning new skills and technologies.
- Demonstrated success in navigating change and being flexible.
- Strong understanding of SQL and other related query languages.
Bonus Qualifications and skills you may be asked to learn on the job:
- Prior working knowledge of Domo and PowerBI.
- Project management experience and training.
- Programming experience.
- Database administration.
- SharePoint administration.
- Experience with data integration and mapping through application programming interface (API) and
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) Cycle tools and techniques.
- Linux administration.
- PCI compliance experience.
- Shibboleth/SAML and general experience managing Single Sign-on.
- Deep understanding of Information Security and risk management.
- Work is performed under usual office conditions with long periods of working at a desk and in front of a computer screen.
- Work involves deadlines, interruptions and handling multiple tasks.
- Serves as part of the Enterprise Systems team which supports a variety of services, applications, and systems of record for Furman University including Workday, Salesforce, Slate and our Business Intelligence (BI) systems, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, CRM systems, multiple external and internal websites, various database systems, and other major applications.
- Frequent contact with constituents across the University to plan, coordinate, problem solve, present information and suggestions.
Associate Vice President for Business Intelligence and Enterprise Services.
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Senior-Programmer-Analyst_R001215
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.