Framingham, MA Category:
Sat Jul 10 2021 Job Description:
General Statement of Duties: The Administrative Assistant is
responsible for supporting the Associate Dean of Continuing
Professional Education, Workforce Development, and Community and
Lifelong Learning in all aspects of the day-to-day management of
professional education, workforce development, and community and
lifelong learning programs.
Please review the Administrative Assistant I classification
Supervision Received: Reports to the Associate Dean of
Continuing Professional Education, Workforce Development, and
Community and Lifelong Learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Associate Dean of Continuing Professional
Education, Workforce Development, and Community and Lifelong
Learning in the management of revenues of $800,000 plus annually by
generating reports and general bookkeeping duties.
- Provides assistance with off-campus graduate degree cohorts
including contractual agreements, billing and student
- Undertakes clerical activities related to off-campus
professional development, one-credit online courses and non-credit
- Collates and prepares paperwork for professional development
course approval through the Graduate Education Council (GEC) and
the allocation of course numbers.
- Assists with the registration and preparation of the Adventures
in Lifelong Learning series
- Assist with the preparation of annual contracts for part time
- Perform database search and retrieval functions for DGCE
- Order supplies and equipment for the Adventures in Lifelong
Learning series and DGCE courses
- Make clerical changes and post updates to departmental webpages
as outlined and instructed by supervisor.
- Assists in the preparation, development and distribution of
- Answers telephone and e-mail queries from professional
development students and instructors regarding access to
myFramingham and Canvas; assists in resolving FSU system login and
navigation problems; refers people to ITS Help Desk and/or
Education Technology and Interactive Media Office when
- Updates Professional Development Course Catalog with all GEC
approved courses and changes.
- Interacts successfully with departments on campus including the
Business Office, Registrar's Office, Student Accounts Office, IT
Services, Print Services, McAuliffe Center, Center for Global
Education, and Education Technology and Interactive Media
- Performs administrative activities related to grants, including
billing and payments, meeting arrangements, and student
- Assists The Center for Global Education with summer graduate
registration, confirmation letters/e-mails, and non-credit PDP
- Coordinates graduate credit option for several annual in-state
and out-of-state K-12 educator conferences to include
- Supports the director with participant registration and payment
processing (4000+ students/year)
- Supervises work study students
- Performs other duties as required
Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or
equivalent part-time, experience in office management, office
administration, business administration or business management, the
major duties of which included one or more of the following
functions: purchasing, personnel management, budgeting, accounting,
records management, work simplification, grants management,
contract administration or program management, (B) any equivalent
combination of the required experience and the substitutions
I. An Associate's or higher degree with a major in business
administration, business management or public administration may be
substituted for the required experience.*
II. An Associate's or higher degree with a major other than in
business administration, business management or public
administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of
the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and organizational skills;
computer literacy skills; proficiency with Banner, Argos, and
Constant Contact; ability to manage multiple tasks.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, benefits-eligible position in
the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
(AFSCME) bargaining unit at the rank of Administrative Assistant I.
The bi-weekly compensation rate is (Grade 15, Step 1)
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual
offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final
employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans,
persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity
and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.