Assessment Research Analyst
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Initial review of applications will begin on Wednesday, July 28th so applications should be submitted by that time for guaranteed consideration.
Bemidji State University (BSU) invites applicants to join our team as the Assessment Research Analyst in the Department of Professional Education. BSU’s vision is to educate people to lead inspired lives. To accomplish BSU’s vision, the University prioritizes creating a culture in which diversity is embraced and all people are safe, welcome, and validated. BSU also prioritizes increasing engagement with Indigenous communities to become a destination university.
BSU is located amid the lakes and forests of northern Minnesota and occupies a wooded campus along the shore of Lake Bemidji. BSU balances rigorous academia with the opportunity to enjoy a fun, robust, outdoor culture. The proximity to the lake and the surrounding north woods allows easy access to an assortment of recreation. Major campus facilities are connected by all-season underground passages for safe and warm travel during the cold, winter months.
Enrolling around 5,000 students, BSU offers more than 70 undergraduate majors and eight graduate degrees encompassing arts, sciences and select professional programs. BSU is a member of the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities and has a faculty and staff of more than 550. BSU’s Shared Fundamental Values include civic engagement and leadership, international and multicultural understanding, belief in the power of the liberal arts, and environmental stewardship.
The Assessment Research Analyst provides training and direct support for faculty and students who are using Via by Watermark and the edTPA. The Analyst also provides development of reports and data analysis of the various forms of data produced and maintained for assessment and accreditation at BSU for the Department of Professional Education, which includes the Conventional, Professional Education Distributed Learning (PEDL) and Special Education programs. This data includes downloaded student data, data from surveys administered and other assessments from students and faculty, and data from other administrative units of the colleges.
Responsibilities of the Assessment Research Analyst include:
- Designing and implementing Via and Pearson assessment systems, connecting student learning outcomes to specific courses and measures. Making corresponding connections to the student Via tool that provides input and evidence of student learning. Loading education assessment standards into Via. Working directly with faculty to relate course measures and assessments to intended learner outcomes. Providing group and individual training in Via. Percent of Time: 25%
- Performing the collection of data and analyzing the production of reports, documents and assessments, in relation to teacher education for the Professional Education Department at BSU such as Via data, course rubrics and ratings, edTPA, MTLE, program admission, enrollment projections, learning outcome data, trends, program evaluations, etc. Collecting and analyzing data for comprehensive reporting (e.g. Collaborate with Education Faculty and Content Coordinators to update program data submitted to PELSB). Developing and maintaining internal data files to support production of reports and documents. Monitoring and revising reports and documents to reflect the specific needs of the Professional Education Department. Developing appropriate tabular and graphical representations of the data. Understanding statistical techniques sufficient to determine the research methodology to be used for program evaluation. Percent of Time: 25%
- Supporting continuous improvement of evidence-based evaluation of the effectiveness of University and College programs and departments through research design, the collection and analysis of data, and assisting with the dissemination of research findings regarding institutional and programmatic goals and outcomes. Ensuring that EPPAS Performance Metrics, Title II, and AAQEP Annual Report data are accurately collected and reported. Assisting the Accreditation Office to ensure that EPPAS PERCA data information is updated according to PELSB requirements. Supporting the use of Via or other assessment software. Understanding Professional Education Department (PELSB-AAQEP) assessment and accreditation needs. Collecting and reporting on program level data. Developing and maintaining an archive of internal assessment documents. Analyzing data including converting data into usable formats, queries, and reports for departments and deans. Creating relational databases by using knowledge of basic descriptive statistics and PC statistics software packages with attention to detail. Percent of Time: 20%
- Resolving issues related to the assessment systems and inputs. Resolving issues related to training and communication for faculty across academic programs. Understanding issues for faculty inputs to rubrics, dispositions, course grades, and other related data. Understanding student issues with Via and edTPA, and providing edTPA submission technical training and support for students. Maintaining the alignment of standards and their measures. Staying current with Professional Education needs. Ensuring all surveys are competed on time and appropriately archived. Percent of Time: 15%
- Providing statistical data and information for the Dean of CAEH, Chair of the Professional Education Department and the Accreditation Office, as requested. Analyzing and preparing written and oral reports concerning research and assessment data as requested by deans or department/committee chairs or directors. Attending meetings as requested by deans or department/committee chairs or directors. Participating in decision-making processes concerning statistical gathering of information for the Professional Education Department. Percent of Time: 10%
- Keeping current in the field of research and assessment through professional development activities. Attending conferences and workshops dealing in areas of research methodology, statistics, reporting protocols, and data management. Maintaining and upgrading familiarity with state and university computing and record management systems; learning new software. Percent of Time: 5%
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative social sciences, management, computer science, or a related field.
- Three years of related experience in research assessment analysis and/or reporting.
- Experience in the collection, management, analysis, and summarization of data.
- Experience with managing and retrieving information from large relational databases.
- Knowledge of basic descriptive statistics.
- Experience with database, spreadsheet, and word-processing applications and data analysis tools, especially statistical analysis tools.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Previous employment experience in higher education.
- Experience with assessment of student learning.
- Experience with Via by Watermark and edTPA.
- Proficient with inferential statistical analysis.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative social science field, evaluation, or education.
- Experience with Minnesota State’s Integrated Student Records System (ISRS) or similar enterprise data system.
- Demonstrated experience working with and/or interest in working with students and colleagues from multicultural and diverse backgrounds.
Apply for Vacancy Posting 47121, on the Minnesota Management and Budget website: http://mn.gov/mmb/careers/
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers
Inquiries about the position:
Dr. MaryTheresa Seig, Dean of the College of Arts, Education and Humanities
Phone: (218) 755-3874
If you have general questions about this posting or submitting an application, contact Teresa Hanson at email@example.com
UNIVERSITY / COMMUNITY
The greater Bemidji community has a population of 25,000 and
serves as a regional center for education, commerce, recreation,
health care, and the arts.
Bemidji State University, located amid the
lakes and forests of northern Minnesota, occupies a wooded campus
along the shore of Lake Bemidji. Enrolling more than 5,100
students, Bemidji State offers more than 80 undergraduate majors
and eight graduate degrees encompassing arts, sciences and select
professional programs. BSU is a member of the Minnesota State
system of colleges and universities and has a faculty and staff of
more than 550. The university's Shared Fundamental Values include
environmental stewardship, civic engagement and international and
Northwest Technical College has prepared
students for fulfilling careers in high-demand fields for more than
50 years. The college’s accessible, affordable, hands-on programs
also help the region’s employers meet their ever-growing need for a
highly skilled workforce. NTC serves more than 1,000 students with
an excellent education, an open-enrollment policy and affordable
tuition. Students may pursue nearly 40 degree, diploma and
certificate programs in six distinct career paths. Classes are
offered on campus, online, or as a combination of both. NTC is a
member of the Minnesota State system of colleges and
In this Northwoods setting, students, staff and faculty have a
variety of activities at their fingertips. Possessing all the charm
and character of a college town, Bemidji remains a tight-knit
community of good neighbors and engaged citizens who always come
out to cheer for the Bemidji State Beavers. While the city of
Bemidji — named after the Ojibwe Chief Shaynowishkung (nicknamed
Bemidji) — is home to a diverse population of more than 15,000
people, it serves a regional population of more than
Located between three American Indian reservations – Leech Lake,
Red Lake and White Earth, students at Bemidji State University and
Northwest Technical College have the opportunity to experience a
dynamic local culture and history. Bemidji also sits at the center
of the legends of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. The famous
statues of Paul and Babe greet students as they drive in from the
south along Lake Bemidji.
Though quaint and historic, the city offers the urban
conveniences upon which college students rely. Bemidji State and
Northwest Tech are both conveniently located minutes away from
affordable restaurants, cozy coffee shops, grocery stores, city
parks and more. Small, locally owned shops and art sculptures line
the streets of downtown Bemidji, while national chains can be found
in and around the Bemidji area, including an uptown selection of
department stores and restaurants.
The thriving downtown community presents ample opportunities for
engagement off-campus. Among other things, there are fine-dining
restaurants, cafes, and a natural foods co-op in downtown Bemidji.
The historic Paul Bunyan Playhouse has a calendar of classic shows;
restaurants and lounges offer weekly live music performances; the
First Friday Art Walk provides a tour of new monthly art exhibits;
and annual events such as the Loop the Lake Festival, the Dragon
Boat Festival, the Blue Ox Marathon, Bemidji Winterfest, and The
Minnesota Finlandia bring the community together.
For those who love the outdoors, there are wooded, multi-use trail systems within minutes of campus and community parks with walking trails, playgrounds and a skate park. Lake Bemidji State Park and its miles of navigable trails is located directly across the lake from BSU, and the Buena Vista Ski Area — just 12 miles north of campus — offers downhill skiing and campus-sponsored student transportation in the winter months. Further, the Mississippi River Headwaters is a mere 45 minutes from Bemidji.
Review a "special report on how this former lumber town has rebuilt itself as a high-speed, regional center of enterprise" at Bemidji 2.0
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Up to $29,000 Full Time jobs in Bemidji
- Academic Affairs Administrative Up to $29,000 Full Time jobs in Bemidji
- Institutional Research & Planning Administrative Up to $29,000 Full Time jobs in Bemidji
- Student Affairs Administrative Up to $29,000 Full Time jobs in Bemidji
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Up to $29,000 Full Time jobs in Bemidji