Epidemiology & Biostatistics - Open Rank Faculty
Are you looking to enhance your career at Downstate? Help us grow as one of the nation's foremost metropolitan medical centers. Lead the charge in serving one of the largest and most diverse populations in New York City. We are highly ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers among the top 5 U.S. leading medical schools for training doctors. Are you ready for the challenge?
The School of Public Health invites applications for an open-rank faculty position in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics. The successful candidate will be engaged with our faculty and students in collaborative public health research, and in teaching and mentoring public health masters and doctoral students.
Applicants should submit (1) a cover letter containing a teaching, research, and diversity statement, (2) a curriculum vitae, and (3) 3-5 examples of publications that best represent current scholarship and expertise.
- PhD. or equivalent
- Experience in supporting successful extramurally-funded research and a record of effectiveness and commitment to teaching is highly desired.
- Specific areas of interest include expertise in:
- Data display
- Spatial analysis and modeling
- Statistical methods for hierarchical data
- Longitudinal repeated-measures data
- Missing data
- Complex survey data, and mixed-methods data
- Quasi-experimental research designs
- Causal inference methods such as propensity score matching methods, sensitivity analysis, mediation analysis, and structural equation models
- Non-parametric and semi-parametric methods
- Statistical learning methods for prediction and classification, and/or big data analytic expertise in -omics data, imaging data, bioinformatics, and electronic health records data.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact Human Resources at 718-270-3025
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Brooklyn
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Brooklyn
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Brooklyn
- Education Administration & Leadership Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Brooklyn
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Brooklyn