Multicultural Affairs Coordinator
Multicultural Affairs Coordinator
Job ID: 229921
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associates, bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0410901 - Multicultural Services
Promote a welcoming inclusive environment for all students by determining the cultural and community needs of underrepresented Georgia Southern University students.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Develop, implement, and assess campus-wide programming initiatives to include cultural awareness, cross-cultural learning, Heritage months and other celebrations
- Conduct social justice and leadership training and workshops such as SafeSpace/LGBTQ initiatives throughout campus
- Strengthen approaches and practices used to promote cross-cultural learning, inclusive excellence and social justice through research
- Cultivate close working relationships with students, faculty, and staff to promote services of the department
- Oversee and manage departmental social media page
- Assist in the enhancement of a University culture that welcomes and celebrates all students through the infusion of diversity and inclusion throughout the college experience
- Supervise graduate assistant
- Bachelors degree
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience which could include professional work experience, graduate assistantship experience, and/or appropriate collegiate experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Masters Degree in higher education administration or closely related field
- Experience in community development
- One to three years of related work experience in multicultural affairs and diversity education
$17.55 per hour
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and e-mail with or without reasonable accommodation
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support the University's mission for student success
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
Apply Before Date
August 6, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by e-mail at email@example.com .
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- Travel required
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=229921&PostingSeq=1