Director of Opera and Musical Theatre and Voice Instructor
Capital University's Conservatory of Music invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track faculty position in Voice. This position will serve as the Director of Opera/Musical Theatre, teach applied voice lessons, and may be assigned other courses based on previous experience. The Conservatory seeks to maintain its tradition of excellence in performance and teaching, and seeks a candidate who values collaboration and working as a member of a team. Salary commensurate with experience.
- MM required, DM or DMA preferred
- Significant performing and directing experience in a variety of genres and should feel comfortable teaching and directing both opera and musical theatre.
- Three years of collegiate teaching experience is preferred.
- The ability to teach, recruit and retain undergraduate students while remaining active as a performing artist or director is expected.
- In addition to applied voice, other teaching responsibilities may include courses within the candidate’s area of expertise; such as Diction, Art Song or Music Theatre Literature, or a choral ensemble.
Capital University leverages the timeless advantages of the liberal arts core education and the focused development of specialized skills and experience from rigorous professional programs. Capital is a mid-size, comprehensive, private university whose community values of diversity and free inquiry are strongly supported within the Lutheran tradition of higher education. It serves a diverse student body of nearly 3,400, delivering undergraduate and graduate programs in the arts, sciences, humanities and professions, including graduate degrees in law, nursing, business, music and education.
Capital University is committed to increasing the diversity of the Capital community and curriculum. This commitment includes Capital’s dedication to the development of faculty and staff who are committed to inclusive practices in teaching, learning, working and all other campus and community interactions. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send: 1) a curriculum vitae, 2) unofficial copies of all academic transcripts, 3) a sample syllabus for a 1-semester, undergraduate opera/musical theatre workshop course, 4) names and contact information for three references, and 5) a letter of interest addressing qualifications for the position.
Finalists may be asked to submit video links to sample performance/directing and voice teaching demonstrations.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please visit https://capital.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
Capital University offers a rich benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, family education benefits, short-term and long-term disability, life and critical illness insurance and free parking.
For more information on Capital University, visit our website at www.capital.edu.
Capital University is an equal opportunity employer, and supports a diverse and inclusive campus community. Capital University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by the law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bexley
- Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bexley
- Music Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bexley
- Performing Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bexley