Human Resources Manager
Jointly reporting to the Human Resources Divisional Director and the Chief of Staff for CPIF, the Human Resources Manager will serve as a business partner for all Campus Planning, Infrastructure, and Facilities (CPIF) units by providing support and guidance for human resources activities for the division in accordance with university policies and procedures. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performance management, compensation analysis, recruitment, employee relations, talent development and planning, coordination of training, and human resources analysis and reporting. The human resources manager collaborates with management across all units to develop and implement staffing, retention, recognition, performance, organizational design, and career development plans to address current and future needs of the departments. The human resources manager also manages a team of HR professionals responsible for the daily operations and HR transactional requirements of the CPIF division.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field, or significant related professional experience.
• HR experience providing guidance to management in a large/complex organization.
• Demonstrated experience in multiple functions such as staffing/recruitment, compensation, employee relations, rewards and recognition, performance management, and organizational development.
• Exceptional communication skills, interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and the ability to effectively interact and build trusted relationships with diverse internal and external constituencies.
• Demonstrated commitment to exceptionally responsive, consistent, and transparent service delivery to all constituents. Champions a responsive workforce that embraces a culture of continuous improvement, self-assessment, and accountability in a dynamic environment. Deploys, accepts, and acts on all mechanisms of customer feedback to achieve results and effect change.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects; excellent organizational, leadership, and delegation skills; and ability to work collaboratively. Must have strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills to manage complex tasks and/or those that require balancing competing interests.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, with ability to see patterns, be a fast thinker, and make decisions with strong attention to accuracy, detail, and local context.
• Demonstrated patience, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure as well as a strong personal ethics commitment.
• Experience working with human resources in an operations/industrial/etc. environment.
• Experience managing or leading teams with successful results.
• Experience with online applicant tracking systems.
• Knowledge of process improvement strategies.
• Experience with Virginia Tech human resources policies and procedures.
• SHRM or other applicable HR designation preferred.
• Master’s degree in a related field.
July 30, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Minh-An Pence at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: July 9, 2021
Applications close: July 30, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg