Director - Continuing Education
DIRECTOR – CONTINUING EDUCATION
WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks an innovative Director – Continuing Education to be responsible for managing the College’s continuing education (CE) program and overseeing the development and administration of non-credit courses in the areas of professional development and personal enrichments. This position works collaboratively with senior management and external partners to ensure CE course offerings are responsive to current and emerging community and workforce training needs and interests in alignment with the College’s mission and strategic plan. Performs related duties as required.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Continuing Education (CE) program, working with administrators and other key stakeholders in developing and scheduling courses, budgeting, registration, and assessment of courses and learning outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with Marketing/Communications to effectively promote CE programs, implementing marketing strategies to include outreach and the use of social media to promote programs, conduct outreach, and attract and engage students.
- Participates in the interviewing, selection, and hiring of instructors for CE courses.
- Assists in providing orientation and guidance to new instructors on College’s policies and procedures relating to classroom management.
- Supports senior management in establishing standards to ensure quality of classroom instruction and assessing instructors’ teaching methods and student learning outcomes.
- Leads the strategic planning process, working with staff in the review of student and community needs for CE courses that support professional/personal development and workforce training needs.
- Works with key stakeholders in partnering with community industry leaders to identify professional development and workforce training needs that can be effectively met through CE programs.
- Oversees support staff in the scheduling of CE courses per semester, ensuring course offerings are published and available on PeopleSoft Campus Solutions for students to register; instructors are assigned to teach courses; and appropriate classroom space is reserved.
- Participates in promoting CE programs by staffing information events, assisting prospective students with registration, and updating College’s web page with current course information.
- Monitors registration activities and approves the cancellation of CE courses that do not meet minimum enrollment level goal.
- Oversees the preparation and processing of instructors’ contracts for each semester.
- Responds to requests for assistance from instructors’ regarding teaching materials, reserving audio/visual equipment, submission of attendance and related documents, and related issues.
- Accountable for assigned projects including department and student survey administration, data analysis and report preparation. Compiles and maintains CE program and student data.
- Participates in identifying external funding sources and developing proposals to obtain grants and funding for projects and program initiatives.
- Represents the College to community organizations and participates on district-wide committees.
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Business Administration, or a related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Three years of experience in a responsible administrative or program administrator role, preferably in a higher education institution, OR three years of teaching experience in higher education.
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration based on the applicant’s credentials, provided the minimum degree requirement is met.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of program development and planning, evaluation of student learning outcomes, and budgeting.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago